Cooking pots

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactus42

Reaction score
I’m looking at having a go with AG using the quick AG brewing guide on here, are there any recommendations for pots, and also are induction hobs ok, I’ve got one with a large/double Centre ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The usual starter pot is the 15L stock pot from Wilko, for £18. This is fine for anything up to about 12L brews, if you want bigger, there's plenty of choice online, but the prices shoot up. I've never used an induction hob, so I can't comment on that.

The usual starter pot is the 15L stock pot from Wilko, for �£18. This is fine for anything up to about 12L brews, if you want bigger, there's plenty of choice online, but the prices shoot up. I've never used an induction hob, so I can't comment on that.
A cheap Wilko pot won't work on an induction hob:nono:

Only steel will work on a induction hob. Most induction hobs are not that powerful for a full rolling boil. Its all down to the temp at the bottom versus the heat loss from the top.
Steel Pots...You get what you pay for...Whilst a stainless steel pot costing £40.00 will last many years the ones Ive got will last many lifetimes.
Have a look at Nisbits.co.uk for a full range. I can also get you a code for 25% off.

I'd take a look at the brewbuilder website. The standard brew pots are excellent quality and about as cheap as large stainless pots get. Personally I don't see much point getting an 15l pot since you'll most likely want to do 5 gallon brews, for which a 30l pot is perfect.

No idea about induction I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Back