Coopers AuPa as a base for a session beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Terry. It got to 1009 after 8 days and remained at that, 2 days later, which is when I pitched in the hop teas. It then sat at fermenting temps for 3 days, followed by 2 days cool so it was in the FV for 15 days. I will definitely do a reading and adjust for temp tomorrow. Just want to avoid bottle bombs!

Just thought I would share this. As I got ready for bottling last week, I realised that I was short of space in the house to allow the beer to carb up, so I had to come up with a plan!

To enable me to ferment this beer as 2 separate 11L batches, in my garage, I had to find another way to set up a water bath rather than with my trug, so I bought a big storage box that allowed the 2 small FV's to sit in the water side by side, heated by my aquarium heater. As the water was still in the box at bottling time, I simply added the filled/capped bottles to this and turned the heater back on. The water level was perfect and I could even get the lid on, which allowed me to throw a few towels on top for insulation. Now a week into carbing-up and I have had stable temperatures even with a couple of frosty nights. This is what it looks like.

Water Bath.jpg

Back