Coopers brew still going

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hat:No time space or money to go AG I'm afraid, I'm playing with the limited stuff I have for now. AG is not simple either as I drink enough ***** real ale in pubs that camera promote ie any real ale is great, but it's not. I do know I'm stuck with kits but will have to incorporate even small amounts of grain to add to standard malt kits. I may not need as much maltodextrin etc then.:hat:

Last edited:
Nice,!! I suppose it's, find out by enquiry or indeed the hard way, maybe.

Well I have just bottled this today batch primed with 5.47oz of priming sugar and added 150g maltodextrin, I have to say I'm over the moon with the outcome of this, it tastes great already so just need to be patient. acheers.athumb..

Last edited:
My pet coke bottles are rock hard already!! Should I move bottles to cold now or leave longer?

Hi Nige
most peoples rule is 2+2+2. 2 weeks ferm, 2 weeks conditioning , 2 weeks cold.
Glad it's going well.
Happy new year mate.acheers.

Thanks happy new year pal. I've just tried one, I know its early but it's great already, the head was good but didn't last long. Its strong but very nice, I was worried because pet bottles were so hard and I batch primed before bottling with 5.47oz for 23ltrs.
Is that 2wk in warm 4wk in cold?

I'm really happy so far, will take a pic on next one when it's had more time of course. Thanks.

IMG_20200115_152258.jpg
IMG_20200115_152258.jpg
[ATTACH=full Anyway here it is.
It's great. Maltodextrin worked it cream silky. It's no session beer though like a belgian barley wine. Clean tasting, crystal clear and carbonated nicely. It's going to be hard to leave this.

Attachments

• IMG_20200115_152255.jpg
    IMG_20200115_152255.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20200115_152257.jpg
    IMG_20200115_152257.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I didn't add it all up but I had it around 10_10.5 %.
You definitely couldn't have one and drive!!.

Woah ! That’s not a midweek beer for me mate. I have an 8.5% Belgian conditioning for this Xmas 2020 though. Saying that just had a glass of my 7.2% ddh pale ale still bit young but kegged & looking bright. Will drop a picture in when it’s ready.acheers.

I don't think this is a midweek beer but I can't see it being left that long it's bloody good but I do need to crack on with something more standard for summer. I have not enough equipment yet so need to get more bottles and a keg or two but j will try to keep a dozen bottles of whatever I make as I go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back