Coopers Cerveza

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill W

Reaction score
I put a Coopers Mexican Cerveza kit on to brew last night. Instead of the brew enhancer, I used 500 grams of light spray malt and 500 grams of table sugar. I didn't take an OG because I figured that I'd added about the same amount as the recommended fermentables. It should turn out all right, shouldn't it?

You are probably right it will be there or there about but it is good practice to take OG and finishing gravity readings as at some time you will probably progress to Extract/All Grain and it is easy to carry on with poor practice methods.
You also need to keep some kind of brewing record i.e what yo have put in the brew how long it ferments etc.
Winging it now and again is ok but its nice to have a consistent brewing method in case anything goes Pete Tong

You are probably right it will be there or there about but it is good practice to take OG and finishing gravity readings as at some time you will probably progress to Extract/All Grain and it is easy to carry on with poor practice methods.
You also need to keep some kind of brewing record i.e what yo have put in the brew how long it ferments etc.
Winging it now and again is ok but its nice to have a consistent brewing method in case anything goes Pete Tong

You are absolutely right, and I would usually take an OG. However, I was tired and in a hurry, which is never a good state to be brewing in, but I've not had chance to get a brew on for a few weeks due to general domestic upheaval of my daghter moving back in and the house being in disorder. With Christmas (Sorry about using the C word so early!) on the horizon, I broke into a cold sweat at the thought of having to actually BUY beer! Hopefully, that's the Xmas lager sorted.
Next job is borrow a mates scatter and press and get a shed-load of apples juiced for cider.

Wash your mouth out with soap (C word I work in retail :laugh8: )and I forgive you we have all done it I had to do some kit brews as I was short of time and found one I liked which was a cheapie - Wilko First Gold IPA even though I put in a extra 30g of dry hop. But any brew is better than none sometimesathumb..

I put one of these 10 days or so ago.

Coopers Cerveza
500 grams LDME
250 grams Dextrose
250 grams Maltodextrin
50 Grams Lemon Drop
Dry Enzyme
Reused Morgan's Lager Yeast

I've never used Dry Enzyme in a beer before.
I think it's finished fermenting......
IMG20211022084022.jpg

Back