Coopers European Lager Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mattrickl06 said:
Yes - i fermented at around 15 degrees and after secondary kept in 3-5 degrees for 12 weeks.

The quality progression when kept at this temp for at least 8 weeks is really significant.

If you dont like Peroni i would maybe tried a Mexican Cerveza or Canadian Blonde :?:

That's that settled then, I'll definitely be giving this another go.

I absolutely love peroni, bit of extra hops should make it amazing.

What priming rate have people used? I used two carbonation drops per bottle for the Coopers Australian lager and it came out perfect so would this suit the European as well?

Bobbynog said:
What priming rate have people used? I used two carbonation drops per bottle for the Coopers Australian lager and it came out perfect so would this suit the European as well?

I've not done the Australian Lager so I can't really do a direct comparison, but I found the Euro lager held a head way better than the mexican cerveza I did previously. I normally prime my batch with 180-200g of sugar, but in this case it was too much and I ended up with a lot of head due to the body in the euro lager.

Next time I do it I'll be pulling it back to 160 for the batch.

Back