Coopers European Lager Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alice-edmund

Reaction score
July 2020 - Standard kit using 500g of LDM; 300g of Dextrose and 200g Maltodextrin. Starting SG = 1.040.
Made about 42 bottles (22 litres) at SG of 1.009; using 160g of sugar priming; was quite cloudy.
It looks nothing like the B*cks bottle.
It took a good few weeks to settle; I like it and drank it quite fast. Though I am not that fussy. Would do again I think.

The coopers European lager is one I make on a regular basis. In fact I'll be sampling a few tonight.😉

Cheers
Dicko

Hi alice
When I brew the coopers European lager I use saaz as a dry hop. Have you ever dry hopped it and if so what hops did you use?

Cheers
Dicko

Only used Saaz once to date, 25g dry hopped into 22l of a Tom Caxton Lager kit. My notes say 'Make this again sometime' - it's was very drinkable. I think my Coopers one was excellent too though.
But the next lager will be a twin can kit from Hamstead Brewing - as I like trying different things - that includes Hallertau as I have peeked inside the box when it arrived a few weeks back.

Hi Folks,
I've just bought a can of this one, the kit says to go to diybeer.com/101 for detailed instructions. But it just says to use recommended fermentables, ie 1kg Coopers Brew Enhancer and Coopers Carbonation drops (2 per 740ml bottle)approx 30 bottles)). All other kits I've done so far give alternatives to their recommended fermentables.
Am I correct in thinking that 1kg Brewing Sugar equates to the above Brew Enhancer? And does 1 carbonation drop equate to 1 teaspoon of sugar(Tate & Lyle)?
If so I reckon that would be 59 teaspoons at 3g each therefore 177g sugar to 22 litres of final brew, divided into the bottles (660's)approx 33 bottles)) so about 5g per bottle.
I'll have enough empties by the time bottling comes around acheers.
Cheers
latchy

Latest posts

Back