Coopers Family Secret Ale/Masterpint IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix Ale

Reaction score
Looking for pointers on something I'm thinking of doing. I have a Coopers Family Secret ale and a Masterpint IPA and I haven't read much good about either, both got in a sale with 6 months left on best before. Coopers is a 1.7kg single can and the other is a 1.6kg pouch, if I mixed both together what are the chances it would make a decent pint. Should I add anything extra like hops or sugars or just leave as is and which kit yeast would be better.

I would keep them separate and brew them individually using 1Kg of Dry Malt Extract and perhaps 250g of brewing sugar. You will end up with two lovely beers.

Both are hopped kits so if you put the 2 together and brew them at 23ltrs you will probably end up with a well bodied beer but it will have twice the hoppage and the IBU's will be high maybe too high for most people.
Best to brew as is say even short to 21ltrs and pimp them up with extra Dried malt extract and maybe a complimentary dry hop if you like that sort of thing

Thanks for the info, I have an MJ Grapefruit to make first so should get both of these done separately before bb date. Storage after brewing is my problem, I have lost faith in PBs and both cornies and most of my bottles are occupied - now how can I solve that :onechug:

I've made the coopers family secret in the past, it was harsh and unpleasant. I ended up blending it with hobgoblin or Newcastle brown to take the edge off it.

Latest posts

Back