COOPERS LAGER KIT

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fximpact25

Reaction score
Hi all ive made a Coopers lager kit with coopers Enhancer 2 and left a month in bottles but it has no head or body to it just like dish water does taste nice mind but I have another 2 tins has anyone made this good if so any tips for my next ones please

If it's flat you have not used enough priming sugar, or not left it long enough to carb up. If you are serving it from the fridge you should use about 7g table sugar per litre to achieve about 2.6 vols CO2 which suits the style. (I use 1tsp is about 4.5g sugar)
If its the Euro lager your instructions will tell you to leave it 12 weeks or so before you drink it, which does seem to improve it.
If you have two more kit cans of lager, improvements could include using at least 50% light or extra light DME, the rest being dextrose or even 100% DME. And/or brew short to 20 litres. Also a dry hop or hop tea of say 25g of Saaz or Hallertau will give it a lift too.
Finally lager kits are really the poor relation of beer kits imo, so don't expect too much.

sorry I forgot too say no its not flat its fine and I used 2 coopers drops per 500ml bottle , the coopers beer I did previously I only used normal household sugar and drank after 2 weeks was lovely with head and body to each bottle

Hi fximpact. I have recently brewed a coopers 86 Days Pilsner and used 1kg. Coopers Brew Enhancer 3, plus 200 g. demerera sugar. OG was 1040 and the FG after 14 days was 1010, so ABV 3.94%.
The brewis still currently conditioning so I haven't tasted it yet.

Terrym's advice is always sound so perhaps try and follow his tips.

Whatever, I hope your brews turn out okay. ;)

I'm about to brew Coopers Australian larger kit and will add 1kg of light spray malt. Then brew in the fridge for a couple of weeks with some larger yeast, bottle it for as long as I can resist drinking it. All in I think its going to work out about 45p per bottle. I learned a few years ago that a brew kit without anything added to it could be a bit thin and lacking. The last kit I did was a Coopers Canadian larger with additional Coopers Malt Extract, all gone now because my other half and mates got thorough it, was quite nice.

Back