Coopers Mexican Cerveza

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a little twist of the PB cap and got a good ‘whoosh’ so presume secondary fermentation and carbonation is well under way, even with the 50g of sugar to prime it.

So we've enjoyed all of the pressure barrel of Coopers Mexican Cerveza as we've got as much out of it as we can, even with tilting the thing so it'll be on to the 500ml bottles that have been sat in the dark, cool garage for the last few weeks.

I'll post how they are when we pop the first ones open but the Cerveza from the pressure barrel has been very enjoyable. It improved with a slice of lime and also for being served in a chilled glass. The head retention was superb although only when drunk relatively cool as chilling a glass in the fridge for a while only allowed the beer to go flatter.

Too early to decide whether I'd brew this kit again - depends on the bottles.

I brewed the Coopers Mexican Cerveza with 1kg of brewing sugar and dry hopped with 50g Amarillo. I was really surprised how good it turned out. A nice light refreshing beer which was perfect for drinking on a warm summer's day. I'll certainly be adding this to my 'must do again' list.

I've just brewed this myself. Priming in 40 500ml PET bottles at a consistent 21c for 4 weeks. Really looking forward to these. I used 3.5g of table sugar per bottle. Hopefully won't be over carbed. I used the brewers friend calculator which suggested this.

Latest posts

Back