Coopers original stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pompeyfan0304

Reaction score
So finally drinking my second brew. And was having trouble with it being rather gassy when opening the bottle. But I have just worked out that it needs to be super chilled (put in the freezer for about an hour before drinking) but the results have given me a really good head retention!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408484253.193481.jpg

Wow that looks damn good. I'm starting my first brew on Fri and its a coopers original stout would be very happy if it looked like this.:p How's it taste? Did you have any problems with the krausen trying to esccape the fv, I've read about this with stout. Any other advice appreciated.
Cheers jp

Hi again, another question if you don't mind. How did you prime your bottles? I was just going to use one carb drop per bottle that came with kit. Would this be enough?
Cheers jp

Hi,

I followed the in can instructions. But only made 20L and used Aldi granulated sugar. Only took 4 days to brew. And I batch primes with 240g Aldi granulated sugar. And left for a week to prime and clear.

Will be interesting to hear how yours turns out.

that looks mighty fine pompey (glad to see your boys doing well in L2 by the way) I`ve not bottles a stout yet as my preference is from the barrel at room temperature seems to give it more flavour.

Cheers! This kit has lots of flavour. Even when chilled. Definitely worth a try if you get a chance.

Not tried barreling yet how is the proses different? And is it pressurised and/or carbonated?

I tend to use my barrels for bitters and stouts, then bottle lagers and ciders. you should be able to get decent pressure in a barrel, and carbonation isn`t really an issue as you don't really want a fizzy stout.

Latest posts

Back