Coopers stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcs

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well after 15 days, bottled and now tasted with a final abv of 7% I am blown away by how good this is!! This is almost 1980's old style guinness that they said they never changed the recipe when we all know now they did! I am gonna brew this again some time but perhaps a half and half of dme + bs. I wanna see if i can get it down to 4% session ale and see if it is actually better just to prove my point. I will try other stout brewing though. Cheers!

Well after 15 days, bottled and now tasted with a final abv of 7% I am blown away by how good this is!! This is almost 1980's old style guinness that they said they never changed the recipe when we all know now they did! I am gonna brew this again some time but perhaps a half and half of dme + bs. I wanna see if i can get it down to 4% session ale and see if it is actually better just to prove my point. I will try other stout brewing though. Cheers!

The Coopers Stout kit is very good. My favourite variants were:

Plus a Wilko Velvet stout kit and 1kg sugar to 27L
Plus 1kg dark or medium DME plus 500g (or plus!) sugar to 25L
Plus a steep with Chocolate Malt and Roast Barley (500g in total) as well as extra DME & sugar

There is (or was) a very lengthy thread on the Coopers Stout kit on the Forum.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/coopers-original-stout-review.17817/

And here it is. Not easy to find, for a new member, TBH. All sorts of variants, very few "fails". It is basically bomb proof.

Last edited:
The Coopers Stout kit is very good. My favourite variants were:

Plus a Wilko Velvet stout kit and 1kg sugar to 27L
Plus 1kg dark or medium DME plus 500g (or plus!) sugar to 25L
Plus a steep with Chocolate Malt and Roast Barley (500g in total) as well as extra DME & sugar

There is (or was) a very lengthy thread on the Coopers Stout kit on the Forum.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/coopers-original-stout-review.17817/

And here it is. Not easy to find, for a new member, TBH. All sorts of variants, very few "fails". It is basically bomb proof.
Dood, you got game! ;)

Latest posts

Back