Coriander

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Doing a wheat today with orange, Amarillo and coriander. Just wondering if anyone toasts their coriander seeds? If cooking with them, the advice would generally be to dry fry/toast whatever first to release the oils (I'm no expert here btw). I just wondered if anyone has tried this? I'm tempted to give it a go but don't want to spoil 23L.

So the brew has been sat in a keg for a couple of weeks now. I've carbed to quite a high level and...

Tastes amazing. Beautiful orange bite, a little spice, smooth bitterness. This is probably the 4th time I've brewed this (in a few slightly different varieties) and this is definitely the best one. I'm not saying that it's definitely the toasted coriander but I'll be doing this again and would recommend you have a go if your using coriander. Just warm them gently in a dry frying pan until they start giving off their aroma. Crush them up and throw them in.

I dry fry them, then lightly crack. Aroma is amazing. Amarillo is a great addition, I use it in my White IPA.

Edit - didn't realise the opening question was some weeks ago.

I used the zest from 3 fresh oranges at the end of the boil and then same again at the end of primary fermentation. Left it in for about 3 days with Amarillo dry hops.
Interesting. I just did an Affligem Tripel clone and the recipe called for 7g of fresh sweet peel for the last 15 mins of the boil. It looked such a trifling amount so I doubled it. Your's is much more orangy which will suit the style well.
I feel like I will have to make one too, love orange flavour.

Doing a wheat today with orange, Amarillo and coriander. Just wondering if anyone toasts their coriander seeds? If cooking with them, the advice would generally be to dry fry/toast whatever first to release the oils (I'm no expert here btw). I just wondered if anyone has tried this? I'm tempted to give it a go but don't want to spoil 23L.
Outdoor you give me your recipe please harby would be very interested to make this one, sounds right up my street đź‘Ť

Back