Corny Keg Basics

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Don

Reaction score
Folks,

I'm at the early stages of sorting a corny keg system for my bar having reached the end of my tether with my King Kegs which cause more problems than they're worth. I've tried to do my research beforehand and I think I pretty much know what I need, but I just wanted to check a couple of things for people with experience if I may?

I brew both beer and cider, but probably with a bias towards cider and this is my first predicament. From my research I'm pretty sure that I will need a manifold to allow for setting different pressures for my cider keg and my beer keg. I am also considering going all out and going for a three keg system which ideally I will chill in a modified fridge and was wondering if this was possible. Is it possible to fit three corny kegs into a standard under counter fridge and does have anyone have any experience they can share? Or should I be les greedy and just go with two kegs with a double manifold?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

A manifold is just a "splitter". If you want different pressures between each keg you'll need an adjustable pressure valve per keg.
Or do what I do and just do it all at the same pressure and don't bother with the inline adjustable pressure valves.

All fridges are different. I'd guess most undercounter ones could hold 2 on a good day

A manifold is just a "splitter". If you want different pressures between each keg you'll need an adjustable pressure valve per keg.
Or do what I do and just do it all at the same pressure and don't bother with the inline adjustable pressure valves.

All fridges are different. I'd guess most undercounter ones could hold 2 on a good day

Ah right that makes sense, but if I want my cider slightly fizzer, is that when I need the separate pressure pressure valve?

And to throw a spanner in the works I've just found that you can get 23l corny kegs, albeit they're quite a bit more expensive!!!

Folks,

I'm at the early stages of sorting a corny keg system for my bar having reached the end of my tether with my King Kegs which cause more problems than they're worth. I've tried to do my research beforehand and I think I pretty much know what I need, but I just wanted to check a couple of things for people with experience if I may?

I brew both beer and cider, but probably with a bias towards cider and this is my first predicament. From my research I'm pretty sure that I will need a manifold to allow for setting different pressures for my cider keg and my beer keg. I am also considering going all out and going for a three keg system which ideally I will chill in a modified fridge and was wondering if this was possible. Is it possible to fit three corny kegs into a standard under counter fridge and does have anyone have any experience they can share? Or should I be les greedy and just go with two kegs with a double manifold?

Thanks.
https://brewkegtap.co.uk/search?q=secondary+reg&type=product,article,page
hi , think you’d struggle to get 3 x cornys in a standard width fridge. I have a larder fridge which fits 2 x 19L cornys and 10L keg without adapting or cutting away too much of the internal door plastic.

see link for the secondary regulator which you’ll need for setting different pressures.

regarding manifold , I found pretty quickly that I had to upgrade mine , as a spare way or two comes in handy for pressurising spare kegs full of sanitiser or for pressure transfers etc.
Check out BrewKegTap if you haven’t already that’s where I got my 2 keg kit and all spot on.
Good Luck

Folks,

Thanks.
You can get two 19L Cornys in an undercounter fridge, but the third would probably have to be a shorter one so as to fit on top of the compressor hump. Have a look at these threads, or search for ‘kegerator’:
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/list-of-fridge-internal-dimensions.96050/post-1073553https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/tetb-kegerator-build.96111/

Back