Corny keg gas / beer post removal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of renewing all the seals and gaskets etc on my kegs, and I've got a couple where I simply cannot get the gas / beer posts to move. They're stuck tight.

I'm a bit reluctant to get a rattle gun on them in case I damage something, but it's looking like that's the only way I'll get them off.

Does anyone have any handy tips or techniques that might help?

Hi all,

I'm in the process of renewing all the seals and gaskets etc on my kegs, and I've got a couple where I simply cannot get the gas / beer posts to move. They're stuck tight.

I'm a bit reluctant to get a rattle gun on them in case I damage something, but it's looking like that's the only way I'll get them off.

Does anyone have any handy tips or techniques that might help?

Pretty sure I have successfully encouraged stubborn ones to move by giving the spanner a few taps with a hammer in the past.

Pretty sure I have successfully encouraged stubborn ones to move by giving the spanner a few taps with a hammer in the past.

I've tried that, but I can't grip the keg tight enough with my feet, it just spins around. The socket I'm using is starting the chew up the post, so I might end up having to remove them with an impact wrench with one of my burlier pals holding onto the damned keg :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back