Corny Keg Habit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
The realisation that the home brew kit you buy will probably never fully pay for itself 😅

I've been meaning to switch to Cornelius kegs for some time and had already bought a second hand tall fridge quite a while back in readiness. Late last year I got the premium keg kit from BrewKegTap and kegerator phase one happened. Two kegs rigged up to two shiny stainless flow control Intertaps. Expansion was always at the back of my mind so left room for a third tap.

Just as all the Covid thing kicked off thought it would be good to have more beer on the go in the cornys so bought another three kegs again from BrewKegTap.

And now the decision has been made to go for phase 2 but I've decided I want individual pressure control on the kegs. Currently have a Weiss in there that needs much higher carbonation than most of the other stuff I do. So expansion kit ordered from BKT - another corny (6 now!) and Intertap plus other gubbins. In addition to that I have three secondary regulators on the way so will hopefully be making up my gas management board at the weekend.

Must stop there, no more shiny stuff for a while 🤫

This is pretty much it at the moment. Will try to remember to put some pics up once phase 2 is underway / complete.

img_20191117_141042-jpg.21574

img_20191117_141122-jpg.21575

Managed to get kegerator phase 2 mostly done at the weekend!

Extra tap added:

IMG_20200503_162316.jpg

IMG_20200503_162323.jpg

Secondary regulators rigged up:

IMG_20200503_162402.jpg

I added a shut off valve at the end which will be at the pressure of the primary (~40 psi), I'll attach a gas disconnect to this on a longish pipe so that I can use it for purging and burst carbonation.

Room for three after a slight door trim:

IMG_20200503_162412.jpg

Extra tap ready for beer line, will be added as soon as I have a keg of beer filled for it. Must keep brewing, need to reach critical mass!

IMG_20200503_162428.jpg

I can now fully carb up my Weiss beer (it has had 24 hours of burst carbonation). Hopefully sample that next weekend. 👍

Well pleased with it. I've tried to check everything for leaks and so far not found any but still completely paranoid about losing gas 😟 It'll be fine...

I have done the exact same as you, swapped to Cornies and built a two tap Kegerator with the same kit and supplier as you about a month ago, 4 outlet gas manifold and another two taps to add now and 3 other kegs ordered, but best thing I have ever done in my home brewing playtime, trouble is now we are emptying them faster than I can brew them, and had the shocker of running out and swapping back to Supermarket tins, both the Mrs and me said how we far prefer our own brew, thinking of a fermantation fridge build next, been getting great results with the Aquarium heater and water bath for the FV, really fancy a go of pressure fermenting with a conical shiny FV,where will it all end lol

Latest posts

Back