Corny keg poppet

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keruso

Regular.
Reaction score
I took my keg posts off my corny keg today for the first time to clean. I can hear gas escaping from the top of the post sometimes so I think the poppet needs cleaning and the washer replaced. I Took the dip tube off the gas side expecting a spring and poppet to appear but oddly there no conventional spring and poppet with a rubber washer. There’s a type of insert that looks to be fitted permanently to the inside of the post, I can’t even see a spring. Anyone know what I mean?, I should have taken a photo. I guess I’ll have to replace the entire post now.

Pick them out with a small flat screwdriver and replace with spring poppets like this Keg Poppet Valve. I bought a big bag of them from china for about a tenner but cant find a link now, I replaced all the poppets in my 12 kegs. They make it much easier to clean than the standard type and if any leak you just replace the small oring.

Yes, I have a keg with those type of posts. It's the smaller, wider keg that I first got from MM. Since a leak has appeared, it is too late now but in future just soak them in oxy after every use. Hopefully good maintenance will keep them going longer.

Pick them out with a small flat screwdriver and replace with spring poppets like this Keg Poppet Valve. I bought a big bag of them from china for about a tenner but cant find a link now, I replaced all the poppets in my 12 kegs. They make it much easier to clean than the standard type and if any leak you just replace the small oring.
Great thanks

It's good to know they're interchangeable, I thought those only compatible with kegland kegs. Thanks for that.

Back