Corny Keg set up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.R.S

Reaction score
Hi All,
As I am planning on kegging this weekend, I have noticed that the gas line connector to the regulator does not have a washer, it only screws on where metal meets metal.
Is this normal?
The keg/regulator and lines were ordered recently and have not been used.
thanks

If the connection looks like this, it's called a "flare" fitting. Very typical for gas connections. The inside of the male connector mates up tightly with the beveled ("flared") surface, and makes a good seal. There are nylon washers available, for example if the smooth surface gets nicked and lets gas get through. If your connector looks different, maybe post a pic?

tapriteMFL__24591__31298.1560779129.jpg

If the connection looks like this, it's called a "flare" fitting. Very typical for gas connections. The inside of the male connector mates up tightly with the beveled ("flared") surface, and makes a good seal. There are nylon washers available, for example if the smooth surface gets nicked and lets gas get through. If your connector looks different, maybe post a pic?

View attachment 23877
thanks steveinUS. yes it looks the same

Attachments

• 20200328_140746.jpg
    20200328_140746.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 57

View attachment 23877
I've also noticed your has a shut off valve which mine doesnt have?!

The shut-off valve is a convenience which you probably can add yourself. The keg connector should shut off automatically when it is pulled off the keg, so there should not be a risk of CO2 loss that way.

Latest posts

Back