• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Corny keg setup - East of England

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowcrow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi,

Before I buy new - I'm building a kezeer and now need to get the kegs and gas fittings plus taps. So I thought an idea to check here first incase anyone is looking to sell, or knows anyone.

Cheers,
Crow

One of the later threads mentioned a couple of places that sell reconditioned corny kegs

Ordered my set up Wednesday or Thursday last week from brewkegtap delivered the opposite end of the country today well happy, I went with the flow control faucets so delivered with 2nd hand refurbed 19L kegs and all you need except gas for £245

Cheers all - I got my taps and regs from brewkegtap and my kegs from somewhere else. Cost me more that way I should have got it all from bkt

Gas from a company in great yarmouth :)

Cheers all - I got my taps and regs from brewkegtap and my kegs from somewhere else. Cost me more that way I should have got it all from bkt

Gas from a company in great yarmouth :)
Glad your sorted, going to spray the inside of my fridge now to see what freezes before drilling, dont want to kill my fridge but cant wait to get it all sorted.

Good luck! Out of laziness my gas is in my keezer, so only the very thin beer lines come out (I use extra thin lines to reduce foam). That way no holes at all - the lines just squeeze through the gap in the magnetic strip. One day I'll build a proper collar and move the gas out and an extra keg in.

Good luck! Out of laziness my gas is in my keezer, so only the very thin beer lines come out (I use extra thin lines to reduce foam). That way no holes at all - the lines just squeeze through the gap in the magnetic strip. One day I'll build a proper collar and move the gas out and an extra keg in.
So long as it works, fancied a Keezer myself but the tall fridge came up at the right price so went that way. I have heard you use far more gas if you keep your cyloinder chilled, have you found this?.

Im going to be brave and dust off the drill and go for it, get my CO2 tomorrow so will just need to find the sweet spot on the beer line length and mine are the small ones to help reduce fobbing so fingers crossed it will all go sweet

I'm not sure it uses more gas, I can't see why it would, but then I'm no chemist! Mine is coming to an end now, and considering that it has made 6 kegs, plus at least 2 litres of fizzy water a day, u think I've got my monies worth.

I'm not sure it uses more gas, I can't see why it would, but then I'm no chemist! Mine is coming to an end now, and considering that it has made 6 kegs, plus at least 2 litres of fizzy water a day, u think I've got my monies worth.
Good man, I can't believe how the price for CO2 varies so much near me at least

Yeah, it can change a lot. I'm pretty lucky here that it is only £10 for 6kg - but it is an hours drive each way, and was £100 for the first bottle

Ouch I paid over £30 for mine (Ipswich). Mind sharing where you got yours from? It might be worth the drive to yarmouth!
Also, how do you make your fizzy water? Just in a cornie? What PSI does it need?

I use Cellar Gas | CO2 & CO2 Nitrogen Mixes | NGF though I understand they only use their own bottles - but give them a call - they are very helpful and friendly.

Beer Storage and Dispense - New and Used KEGS and Fittings - Stainless Carbonation & line cleaning Cap - The Malt Miller | The Malt Miller I use this with a 2 litre sparkling water bottle - I have 3 on the go - one carbonated and settling. One filter water chilling and ready to carbonate and one in the fridge. I then jack the pressure up to 60psi and shake the bottle for 2o seconds - then leave to settle. You can drink straight away, but it is better once settled.

I'm tempted by a corny of water as we drink so much, but easier to have bottles as the keezer is in the shed.

Just thinking.. so the couple of litres of beer left over after transferring into the corny, I can just put into PET bottles and gas up with that gadget, @crowcrow? If so that is amazing!

I use Cellar Gas | CO2 & CO2 Nitrogen Mixes | NGF though I understand they only use their own bottles - but give them a call - they are very helpful and friendly.
I can vouch for those guys too, came along with my own bottle and they refilled it for £12

I think they can sell you a bottle if you don’t have one yourself to “save on the exorbitant rental charges”

Yes you can carb anything this way! I keep a variety of sized PET bottle (plastic fizzy drinks bottles) ready to carb stuff up. Bits of beer (also good for transferring a pint from the keezer and then adding more gas to take a beer to a friend if you only do kegs - be sure to settle for ages before moving to a standard plastic cap.

Stuff with bits (orange juice with bits for eg) don't carb well as the bits make it foam up. Cheap white wine is good - the cheaper the better! Have you ever tasted flat champagne? It is rubbish! But sparkling it is good.

Not sure if that one is, but some of the carb caps you can fit to both the gas line and the liquid line. Get one like that if possible as you can fill with a cleaning solution or even just water, add some gas and then use to clean your beer lines.

That's brilliant, thanks @crowcrow ! I drink at least 2L of fizzy water a day, so that will be a godsend!
Likewise, we love it. I added a water filter to the tap in the shed and that made all the difference too the water - means we are saving about 14p to 21p a day on bottles of the cheapest sparkling water, but feels great hat we aren't throwing all that plastic away. Had the same 3 bottles on the go for ages!

My shed set up - I should add some pictures of the gas set up with a 4 way manifold - but the keezer is currently full of wine! Garden shed/brewery/taproom/office

Also, insanely jealous of your brew shed! I brew at work, so it feels like I'm always there. Once we move I'm going to move to brewing at home.

Back