Corny Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I get my first corny keg tomorrow. I’m in Halifax, West Yorkshire can anyone point me in the direction to get Co2 locally? I have a 5l keg and disconnects for gas and beer also a pressure regulator at take 16g co2 threaded sparklets. Do I need anything else?

Is your regulator for big canisters of gas? I'd look to buy or loan a 6kg co2 canister - search your location and 'cellar gas' and you'll find a local supplier. The tank can be anything from free to £100, refills can be anything from £11 to £30 depending on the supplier.

Do you have 3/8 gas and beer lines and a tap? That's all else I can think you'll need: keg, tap, gas, reg, beer lines (plus a fridge or freezer to keep it all in!)

I haven’t got anything but the keg at 5he moment for now I have a regulator for a 5l keg with an adaptor for a soda stream gas bottle so for now going to use that.
If you are thinking about using Soda Stream cylinders, you're gonna need a lot of cylinders. You can use them for dispensing (and carb using sugar and time), but trying to force carbonate with them will almost use up a cylinder for each corny.

I have a chiller set up in my bar and use pumps on the bar but I also have cornies already in the garage conditioning or just unable to put more than 4 cornies on the bar as only 4 taps but still use a party tap on the garage cornies so I can pull whatever I fancy and they work just fine so no need to splash out a fortune to start with on taps 1 will suffice and just swap it to the kegs as and when

Back