Corny kegs - where do you get them?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all

Apologies if this is in the wrong group, couldn’t really decide which one was best!

I’ve got 3 corny kegs at the moment and would like a few more. Last time I purchased from thehomebrewcompany.co.uk and got some second hand ones for around 35 ish quid each. They don’t have these grade ones any more and don’t think they’ll be getting any more in. Even with their 10% off I’m still looking at about 50 quid each.

So where do you get yours from? What’s the best price :) not too bothered about external condition as long as they are clean inside and pressurise ok then I’m happy.

TIA!

Don't forget they are refurbished ones at that price so should have new seals and probably the pick of the bunch regards dents etc. You would be lucky to buy any on Ebay etc at less than that and they are not re-furbed with some comeback if not right. Ps consider that they will always demand the monies back if not more than you pay for them so a appreciating asset that can always be easily disposed of. I have 11 now and consider them as money in the bank as I paid around £30 for mine some years ago

Yeah very true, and totally get that they are an investment and will last for years and years. I’m just a typical tight Scotsman who doesn’t like to pay a penny more than I have to ;)

Yeah very true, and totally get that they are an investment and will last for years and years. I’m just a typical tight Scotsman who doesn’t like to pay a penny more than I have to ;)
Well I'm a Yorkshireman but saw the economic sense in it, it is just the initial outlay and there is no stopping the growth of cornies as 1 becomes 2 and 2 becomes 3 also look at the beer that can be stored and conditioned for longer to improve your finished product

I've a mate who's a Geordie. I've seen him drive 20-25 km to get a centime off a litre of petrol. Doesn't seem worth the saving, if you get my drift. I'd get bite the bullet and get the homebrewclub ones while they're 10% off if I used them. I'm even tighter and still use bottles.

Back