Corny labelling - ideas please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilledGecko

Zythophile, innit mate
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My keezer build should start next week (deliveries permitting) and my thoughts have turned to identifying the kegs sitting in the keezer.
At the moment I make up an A4 sheet which I stick to the side along with relevant info.
With the kegs in the keezer I’ll not be able to see the labels so I’m wondering what’s a man to do for identifying the kegs in the future.
I’m thinking of perhaps a suitcase luggage type label that I can lift and read from above.
The only ones I’ve seen are actual holiday address labels. I’m thinking of perhaps a plastic label attached to the top that I can write & wipe easily?

anyone hit this issue and how did you solve it?

‘My brain is in keezer woodworking mode and I can’t clear the mental space to get a labelling solution, so I’m asking the collective for their wisdom!

all the best

Kevin

Colour code each keg with a bit of electricians tape around the handle, and make a note of the beer in dry-wipe marker pen on the keezer door using corresponding coloured pen.

Cheers Sadfield,
Nice idea which I'll use for numbering the Kegs
(I'd printed some 'dymo' labels) but using tape to number the Kegs will be ideal.
One piece for 1 two pieces for 2 etc. is a lot more visual.
As I plan to have the Kegs elsewhere as well if rather have a level with the actual details on it if possible. I have a brain like a sieve!

Lawrence22 - That's what I originally thought of, the old brown labels with string.
But the geek in me is hoping for something a bit more modern and reusable.
Perhaps the old ways are the best :laugh8:

Thanks guys,
I think I'm going to number the Kegs with the strips of tape method and go old school with the card labels tied to the top.

However, I hadn't realised that chalk pens were a thing and I'm now thinking of putting chalk paint on the top of the keezer and writing with the chalk pens what's in the taps.
I'm rubbish writing with chalk but I may stand a chance of getting something ledgable with the pens (I hope 😁)

Thanks

Kevin

I had been looking at chalk board stickers that might fit on the lid or make plastic tags to stick them on. There are a few different types on Amazon.

you don’t need stickers. Just write on the keg

image.jpg

I use different coloured Velcro strips and write on them with Sharpie. Also I always attach them nearest to the outpost so I don't inadvertently stick beer or gas line on the wrong post.

Seen some people using blackboard paint straight onto their keezers which looks cool when they've done tidy strips above the taps.

If you want to be hi-tech you could put QR codes on instead of names.

Latest posts

Back