Coronavirus: Pub landlord installs electric fence around bar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The landlord installed the fence to stop people hanging round at the bar it was never turned on yet two customers have already reported him to the council because they got a shock from it. aheadbutt

1594656999916.png

A pub landlord has put an electric fence in front of his bar to encourage customers to keep social distancing.

Jonny McFadden, who runs the Star Inn in St Just, Cornwall, said there was limited space in his bar which only served drinks and no food.

He described the barrier as "just a normal electric fence that you would find in a field".

Asked if it was switched on, Mr McFadden said: "Come and find out - there is a fear factor and it works."

Mr McFadden said he had struggled to get the social distancing message across to some customers in the bar because "when you serve people a drink they change".

He said the fence worked because "people keep away from it, people are like sheep".

He added: "They know it is a fence and don't want to touch it to find out whether it is on or not."

The landlord said his customers were happy with the fencing and it had generated a lot of laughs.

One person who did not see the funny side was Mr McFadden's insurance broker.

"He was a bit worried but then that is what he is there for," he said.

"He rang a nephew of mine and said 'I hope he is not electrocuting people'.

"Well come and find out if I am."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-53389977
1594657055988.png

Mere child's play. A pub owner back east pulled a gun on someone who complained about his not following social distancing guidelines.

We're down in Brixham and just watched it on SW news. It's not switched on. Locals think it's a laugh.

Back