Cost of kegging

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrewski

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've realised pb,s are not suitable for my style
So I need 2 corny kegs and what ever it is to use them what am I looking at price wise 200 I'm guessing???

I've just got a one keg starter system from Brew Keg Tap for about £160 delivered. I think they do a two keg kit also on their website and, if not, give them a ring and I'm sure that they will do something for you. £200ish is about right though. In addition there is the C02 which you will need.

No the gas should be no more than £65 or even less depending on your area. Some gas suppliers ask a deposit some not the actual gas is approx £20 up or down slightly so depending on supplier it could be as cheap as just the gas or a deposit for the bottle plus the gas. There are some that do a rental scheme but that usually works out dearer as a bottle of 6.35Kg will last quite a while. Post gas suppliers in your area and a member near you will give you the best suppliers

About £300, depending on the cost of gas.I paid £60 deposit on the botttle and about 20ish for the refill if i remember right, 6.35kg.And it seems to last very very well.
Belive me worth every penny.

The 2 keg kit from bkt is really good, the grade A kegs look like new when they arrive.

Edit:- these are nation wide i belive.
https://www.adamsgas.co.uk/

I can vouch for the new AEB kegs from BrewUk, they are very high quality and currently their 2 keg starter kit is just under £260. The only thing I'd say is beware of the gas regulator in these starter kits. I do use one but I found these cheap regulators can't accurately regulate the lower pressures needed not to end up dispensing foam. I use a secondary regulator & there are details of this elsewhere on this forum.
I personally decided that buying pre-used 'refurbished' kegs was false economy after reading a lot of stories about gas leakages.But it's a choice to make. I've found it pays to replace the large top O ring periodically & use keg lube as even a tiny gas leak will prove expensive in CO2.

I can second the quality of the kegs from brew keg tap.

I have the refurbished ones and they are great. They come with new seals and a couple of spares too.
I also purchased a complete “corny spares seal kit” from Amazon so that I have a complete set of spares just in case. Touch wood- I’ve not had to use those yet though.

If you're tight fisted and willing to source stuff yourself :
£20 gas
£65 for the keg with disconnects
£15 to £20 for a welding co2 regulator
£10 for some picnic taps and 3/16"
£6.50 for an inline flow controller

That's £116 if you're wily, then about 50 quid per extra keg.

If you're tight fisted and willing to source stuff yourself :
£20 gas
£65 for the keg with disconnects
£15 to £20 for a welding co2 regulator
£10 for some picnic taps and 3/16"
£6.50 for an inline flow controller

That's £116 if you're wily, then about 50 quid per extra keg.
I like the sound of this

The brewkegtap 2 keg deal for £200 is a good deal. I pay £24 for the big gas bottles, no deposit. You will also need a fridge to house them.

Hi, is anyone using a 60/40 gas mix? If so do you need a special regulator or will a normal Co2 regulator do?
And does anyone know of anywhere in or near south Cumbria where I can buy a 6kg bottle?

As da
Hi, is anyone using a 60/40 gas mix? If so do you need a special regulator or will a normal Co2 regulator do?
And does anyone know of anywhere in or near south Cumbria where I can buy a 6kg bottle?
I think it's just co2 for cornys and mix for pub kegs

I am no expert but I am sure you need a higher pressure style of regulator as nitrogen which is in the mix is at a higher pressure.
I am sure that somebody will add to this and give you the exact correct info

I started with the one keg kit from bkt quality stuff, gas £35 deposit 15 for gas, one week later i bought a second keg and a larder fridge i am about to order another keg so be warned they are like rabbits :laugh8: at the moment i am using party taps the fridge is brand new so no hole drilling yet, all i can say is all my pb's are in the shed doing nothing, if you do go to kegs you will not regret it acheers.

Different regulator for 60/40 gas mix. Fine to use with Corny kegs.

It is a different connection for the mixed gas, CO2 is fine for most cases, I have a bottle of CO2 and a bottle of mixed gas and have only ever used the mixed for a stout

Kegland mark IV reg happy with a Beer gas mix. But you need someone who is putting beer gas in a normal CO2 cylinder for this. I'm not sure if beer gas comes in these normally , I think it's in a nitrogen type cylinder and that needs a different stem on the regulator or a different regulator.

Back