Cost per pint/bottle ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marrsy86

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just been wondering what the average price is for what people make and decides to start this thread. Maybe we can learn some money saving tips from each other.

Price try include the cost of Yeast, Nutriant, Malt, Pectolase, Juice, Water, Hopes, Fruit, Malt, pretty much anything that goes into the brew!

If you want to play fill out the below fields that are relivant to you and reply :thumb:

Pint of Ale =
Pint of Lager =
Pint of Beer =
Pint of Cider =
Bottle of Wine=
Bottle of Mead =

The last one can kit i did (Youngs Harvest Bitter), price per pint = 37p
The last two can kit i did (Woodfordes Admirals Reserve), price per pint = 56p

:cheers:

How long's a piece of string?

Kit beers have ranged from 30-60p a pint according to kit and what I've added.
AG beers have been anywhere from 25 - 45p a pint.
Country wines from scavenged ingredients have been as low as 25p a bottle.
Juice wines tend to average around 50 - 60p a bottle.
Most expensive wine I have made was around £1.20 a bottle.

PS: Any piece of string is double the length from either end to its middle.

Moley said:
How long's a piece of string?

Alan Davies pondered that same question clicky

Back to the question though, as moley says it all depends on what you are brewing, a strong ale with plenty of hops is going to cost more than a john sh*te clone.

My last stout cost about 25p/pint for materials. But if you took into account my time because I work for myself and how much my business should have invoiced out whilst I was brewing beer instead of working, then it is a very very expensive pint :lol: :lol:

I made some wine out of welches grape juice and that worked out at about £2 a bottle, worse still because a £4 bottle from aldi is so far superior, I am using it for cooking :eek: :eek: .

To me it is not all about cost I enjoy making a decent pint, but obviously considerably cheaper (apart from my time) than a pint in the pub or a bottle from the supermarket.

Latest posts

Back