Covid-19 the second wave.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this report in the Guardian is correct, then I can't see how he could be in any fit state to make any kind of decision at all:

Some people think Boris is stupid i don't think he is that stupid - A Downing Street spokesman said: “This story is completely untrue. The prime minister has not travelled to Italy in recent months. Anyone who publishes these claims is repeating a falsehood.”

Some people think Boris is stupid i don't think he is that stupid - A Downing Street spokesman said: “This story is completely untrue. The prime minister has not travelled to Italy in recent months. Anyone who publishes these claims is repeating a falsehood.”
I'm afraid I fall into the former camp, not that he lacks intelligence, but he is too bone idle and bored to use it. Reminds me of many a spotty 17-year-old, no lack. of potential, but can't be arrissed. As for Downing St's denial, you're right. For any other Gov't that should pretty much draw a line under the matter. For this one it only serves to thicken the plot. Hey Ho. The truth will out in the fullness of time.

The 'Boris in Italy' story has been proven to be completed bull. His sons christening at Westminster Cathedral was during the alleged time period for goodness sake. He also hosted a Zoom call from Downing Street for Tory MP's when he was allegedly in Italy. It's complete balls.
OMG! :eek: Surely there can't be two of them! :eek:God help us!:eek::eek:
The Guardian seems to be losing it's edge. Just spoke to my bank (Lloyds) and they assure me that as of this morning, only The Netherlands and Slovakia were affected. It's back to the Express for me, methinks.

Lloyds Banking Group, which includes Halifax and Bank of Scotland, has contacted its 13,000 customers in the Netherlands, Slovakia, Germany, Ireland and Portugal, warning them they must make alternative arrangements as the bank is no longer allowed to offer services.

Plans for fans to return to watch live sport events in England from 1 October will not go ahead, says cabinet office minister Michael Gove.

The plans were placed under review earlier this month after a rise in coronavirus cases, with pilot events restricted to 1,000 people.
The UK's Covid-19 alert level has moved to 4, meaning transmission is "high or rising exponentially".

New measures will be set out by Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday.

Speaking to BBC Breakfast, Gove confirmed plans for a staged return of fans would be "paused".

"We were looking at a staged programme of more people returning - it wasn't going to be the case that we were going to have stadiums thronged with fans," he said.

"We're looking at how we can, for the moment, pause that programme, but what we do want to do is to make sure that, as and when circumstances allow, get more people back.

If anyone's following hospital numbers note that only England's are up to date the UK no is well behind
120061377_10164028229350585_7491695142656769916_o.jpg

Long time since I last logged on but not surprised there's a new incarnation of the same old political thread <SNIP> by Admin.

Please read the full first post in this thread (the important part is quoted below) we now have The Bridge (a hidden forum) that you have to request to join all political debate is now kept in there so members can discuss the second covid wave and other topics in the Snug without them turning into government bashing (as all such posts will be removed) you will see how this has worked if you decide you would like to view that forum..

See the announcement thread at the top of the Snug.

The First Coronavirus thread ended in a lot of Tory bashing and arguments and was moved to the bridge, i hope this one doesn't go the same way and am posting it here so members who don't want to see what is discussed in the bridge forum can join in.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we are being banned form having anyone in our house, with exceptions for tradesmen and informal childcare.

That means it’s perfectly ok for my parents to come into the house whilst I’m working form home on Monday to get the kids ready for their swimming lesson, but they can’t come round for a cup of tea at the weekend.

That suggests that isolation doesn't work.

Not at all - the Scandinavian countries are all at the extreme end of the living-alone scale, Sweden doesn't have so much more living alone that it would explain the 10x higher Covid rate compared to Norway and Finland. But the fact that they had a much laxer lockdown than their neighbours probably does (although it still wasn't as lax in absolute terms as some people make out).

BBC News -

The number of daily reported Covid-19 cases has risen by a quarter, according to the latest UK government figures.

There have been 6,178 coronavirus cases in the UK in the last 24 hours, up 1,252 cases since Tuesday, and 37 deaths.

It comes after tighter measures were announced in all four UK nations on Tuesday, including a 22:00 closing time for pubs and restaurants in England.

Here we go again the selfish morons have started panic buying again and i am glad Morrisons has already clamped down and hope all other store follow suite.

Covid: Morrisons limits sales of disinfectant and toilet rolls

1600971882847.png

Shoppers at Morrisons face restrictions on the number of items they can purchase to prevent panic buying.

The supermarket chain has put a limit of three items per customer on some ranges, including toilet rolls and disinfectant products.
It said stock levels "were good", but the firm wanted to "make sure they were available for everyone".
The British Retail Consortium said supply chains were "stronger than ever".
Bradford-based Morrisons said restrictions would be sign-posted on shelf edges at tills.
A spokeswoman said: "We have some products with limits on all year round such as paracetamol and so it works in just the same way."
Shelves at some stores were left depleted recently after the Government warned of rising coronavirus cases across the UK and the possibility of stricter lockdown measures.

The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has urged consumers to be considerate of others and "shop as you normally would".
Despite scenes at some stores, supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Lidl and Aldi said they had "good availability" earlier in the week and had not experienced any shortages yet.
Tesco added its online capacity had almost doubled from 600,000 weekly delivery slots in March to 1.5 million in September.
Director of food and sustainability at the BRC, Andrew Opie, said: "Supply chains are stronger than ever before and we do not anticipate any issues in the availability of food or other goods under a future lockdown.
"Nonetheless, we urge consumers to be considerate of others and shop as they normally would."

Meanwhile, Asda is set to enforce rules on face coverings more strictly across its shops amid the pandemic.
Customers who do not have a covering when they enter a store will be offered a pack of disposable masks that they can pay for at the end of their trip.
The firm announced on Wednesday that it will create 1,000 new "safety marshal" roles across its 639 UK stores.
Dedicated staff will remind shoppers to wear face coverings in-store and provide customers with sanitised shopping baskets on arrival.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-54283153

Latest posts

Back