Covid-19 the second wave.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Investigative journalists usually seek to establish a preponderance of evidence before presenting their findings. Saying things like "more people die getting into a hot bath than Covid," doesn't really wash because it's patently nonsense, and even more so without any rational or empirical evidence to support it.

I don't have any issues whatsoever with people being naturally skeptical, but let's not pretend that the conclusions that you draw, are any more than just that; your own opinion. And by the same token, don't be surprised when others seek to challenge that.

I always wonder to myself why certain people buy into conspiracy theory, and trust the information and "alternative accounts" that they read about online, as opposed looking at official account and verifiable data. It rarely crosses my mind that these people are free or radical thinkers. To be fair, they never strike me as stupid people, moreso that they have a want about them that seeks to appear to be "in the know" when others couldn't possibly fathom or understand the things that they do.

Flat-earthers, 9/11 deniers, climate change deniers, anti-vaxxers etc. all come into this category. I recognise that it is difficult to trust anything our leaders say, but the level of collusion required, from a vast array of actors, to maintain these conspiracies, makes all of them completely unbelievable.

What has paying £16 per year got to do with anything? if any of these insults have broken the forum rules feel free to report them and the moderating team will discuss them and take action if its deemed necessary.
As for your length of time here 23 posts per year hardly makes you a regular or prolific poster!

No as i have explained in another post a few minutes ago i specifically asked members not to discuss the government in the thread but you decided to ignor my request then spat your dummy when i removed the post that ignored my request!

Below is the post i refer to above -

As I mentioned in the OP there is already a lengthy "Coronavirus thread" and a "How have the government handled coronavirus thread" in the bridge forum they were put in there so members do not see the comments in both those threads displayed in the new posts list unless members ask to see them, you may think that is controlling I call it doing my job properly, doing what member requested (posts from the Bridge hidden from their view) and trying to keep members happy.
If I pay £32 per year can I post naked pictures

they have a want about them that seeks to appear to be "in the know" when others couldn't possibly fathom or understand the things that they do.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
Flat-earthers, 9/11 deniers, climate change deniers, anti-vaxxers etc. all come into this category
I have a mate who's a moon landing denier and even he laughs at flat-earthers 🤷‍♂️

Tbf I had a hot bath last night really hot after sore legs with the DOMS.. and I think I made it too hot I felt proper rough afterwards maybe there is something in it :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

Another conspiracy denier. Click the links. My info is from official sources.
How do I tell which official sources are propaganda and which are actually true ?
Should I just cherry pick to suit my delusions?

How do I tell which official sources are propaganda and which are actually true ?
Should I just cherry pick to suit my delusions?
Has Toni ever posted about brewing or beer. If so I can't recall it. I think he/she is just winding people up hence the name.

Back