Covid-19 the second wave.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a teacher, so have no particular axe to grind, but I think that it's pretty 'dumb and lazy' to blame teachers (who to my mind are on the whole brave enough to put themselves in the firing line day after day and committed enough to give up evenings and weekends to mark and lesson plan) for the ills within our education system.

You just made an assumption, an incorrect one, that that was what I was doing. No, I was calling teachers I met, and who taught our oldest, second oldest, and youngest, dumb and lazy. Because they were and probably still are dumb and lazy. Which was why we pulled them out of their schools and went the home education route. Next time you insult somebody, you might want to check that your assumptions are correct first. If you had met the teachers in this area, you'd be calling them dumb and lazy too, trust me on that. Heck I know a woman who teaches locally personally, and she's so thick that it beggars belief.... Yet she is allowed to influence young minds still.

So yeah, you clearly do have an axe to grind, or you wouldn't have just jumped to an ill informed conclusion in order to insult somebody on the internet....

You just made an assumption, an incorrect one, that that was what I was doing. No, I was calling teachers I met, and who taught our oldest, second oldest, and youngest, dumb and lazy. Because they were and probably still are dumb and lazy. Which was why we pulled them out of their schools and went the home education route. Next time you insult somebody, you might want to check that your assumptions are correct first. If you had met the teachers in this area, you'd be calling them dumb and lazy too, trust me on that. Heck I know a woman who teaches locally personally, and she's so thick that it beggars belief.... Yet she is allowed to influence young minds still.

So yeah, you clearly do have an axe to grind, or you wouldn't have just jumped to an ill informed conclusion in order to insult somebody on the internet....
And you are making an assumption, an incorrect one, that I'm insulting you. I'm not, I'm really not interested in you or insulting you. However, I do think that your comment, a very subjective opinion, was unhelpful and misjudged. But whatever, we'll have to disagree I suspect.

Interesting post, and now an unrelated meme:
HJv02rc.jpg
Sounds like the Viz version.

There are many problems with the numbers we get including, increases in cases can be due to increased and better targeted tests and deaths and hospital numbers could just reflect how many old and vulnerable people have caught it. But I would note there is a recent spike in hospital numbers in England but not so much in the UK as a whole and yesterdays death numbers are the highest for a while by quite a bit, so it does look like there is a second wave happening, why and how bad it will be I could only guess.

One post removed, can I remind everyone this thread is not about how the government handled covid19 we already have that thread elsewhere.

And you are making an assumption, an incorrect one, that I'm insulting you. I'm not, I'm really not interested in you or insulting you. However, I do think that your comment, a very subjective opinion, was unhelpful and misjudged. But whatever, we'll have to disagree I suspect.
You are not allowed an opinion of your own these days man. get back in line. :laugh8: . It'd be interesting to see how many would have the vaccine because they are told it is good for them. Especially after what's happening in Africa.

It's 5G masts that are spreading Covid, carefully commissioned and position by the Hollow Earth Society and, as @EarthKveik mentioned, under the guidance of W.H.O. in all or any of his/her/its iterations and manifestations. Never trust anyone from Gallifrey is my contention, you'd get more truth out of Boris.

There. I've just posted the most sensible comment yet on this topic. Well done, me.

:groupdancing: Note how this group of party animals doesn't exceed 6. Prophetic, or what! (Or has someone been there before us, Dr?)

science to me is some truth some ******** i dont understand it and dont want to, i will carry on doing what i have been doing since march, brewing beer and ambling my way along the path of life, i have been on the bus now for 67 years who knows were my stop is i dont time for another beer :laugh8::beer1:

On the people not trusting scientists ~ the problem is this is a new thing, so even the scientists don't agree. Then, again, as its a new thing, the statisticians don't agree on the correct way to measure the thing that the scientists cant agree on. So I have a *little* bit of sympathy for the crazy arsed conspiracy theorists this time. If you are that way inclined, it all must look very dodgy.

I guess the reality is that, as its a new thing, nobody really has any definitive answers for anything. I have actually seen, on the same day in the same newspaper (both the Guardian and the Telewag) opinion pieces quoting experts that flatly contradict each other, 'Scientists say do X or we will all die'. Four columns along 'New research suggests if we don't do X we will all get free unicorns and live for ever, say experts'

None of this is malicious by the scientists / commentators, but we just don't have enough data to give very many definitive answers, which is what we all crave.

Hang in there folks, we'll get through this!

If everyone wore face coverings all the time then the risk of spreading it would be less but how would they police it, i see loads of idiots going into the service station i visit every morning with no masks on and the young lass behind the counter says nothing as she is powerless, if they made it law that you have to wear them all the time there would be a massive backlash and how would they police it.
Our local shop has a sign up to wear a mask and another sign for no dogs allowed. You can guess what is tied up outside while the owner is inside and not wearing a mask.

On the people not trusting scientists ~ the problem is this is a new thing, so even the scientists don't agree. Then, again, as its a new thing, the statisticians don't agree on the correct way to measure the thing that the scientists cant agree on. So I have a *little* bit of sympathy for the crazy arsed conspiracy theorists this time. If you are that way inclined, it all must look very dodgy.

I guess the reality is that, as its a new thing, nobody really has any definitive answers for anything. I have actually seen, on the same day in the same newspaper (both the Guardian and the Telewag) opinion pieces quoting experts that flatly contradict each other, 'Scientists say do X or we will all die'. Four columns along 'New research suggests if we don't do X we will all get free unicorns and live for ever, say experts'

None of this is malicious by the scientists / commentators, but we just don't have enough data to give very many definitive answers, which is what we all crave.

Science is merely based on opinion. When lots agree with an opinion that's the accepted one.
A Bill Gates funded Polio vaccine has actually caused large outbreaks of Polio in Africa. ( You won't see this on the BBC though) New science seems to be a little bit like Russian roulette which is probably a problem of no accepted theory as it's all new theory.
I think I'll wait a while before I accept a covid vaccine since the companies running it have forced the government to accept responsibility if it all goes wrong.

I largely agree with this, the "science" behind it is very contradictory depending on who is making the opinion.

Then the reporter puts their angle on it too. That is why I hate the likes of DM and Guardian papers, all you are reading is a narrow one persons opinion a lot of the time and with the science being raw it is easily formulated into a strong argument one way or another then plugged to the masses, not saying like you say scientists are mallicious but many professors and scientists argue against a lot of the information presented to the mass..

Whilst cases do seem on the rise I think and hope it will not be as bad as before,

You are not allowed an opinion of your own these days man. get back in line. :laugh8: . It'd be interesting to see how many would have the vaccine because they are told it is good for them. Especially after what's happening in Africa.

You're allowed an opinion. Opinion does not hold the same value as fact, no matter how much time the media seems intent on giving the former.

And whilst everybody is entitled to an opinion, everyone else has the right to call absolute ******** on it when it's the ravings of a lunatic.

Last edited:

The problem is that people who lack understanding of the scientific method, cannot fathom grey areas and latch on to the first complete and utter ******** they read, in order to try and make sense of the world. See the origins of religion.

I largely agree with this, the "science" behind it is very contradictory depending on who is making the opinion.

Then the reporter puts their angle on it too. That is why I hate the likes of DM and Guardian papers, all you are reading is a narrow one persons opinion a lot of the time and with the science being raw it is easily formulated into a strong argument one way or another then plugged to the masses, not saying like you say scientists are mallicious but many professors and scientists argue against a lot of the information presented to the mass..

Whilst cases do seem on the rise I think and hope it will not be as bad as before,

Another issue we have, is that from the start, the press conferences have ******* political correspondents and journalists asking the questions. What the **** does some journalist with a Humanities background understand about epidemiology? Absolute dereliction of duty of the media to frame this as a political issue, rather than a public health or science story.

Mate works for a large funeral director. They are burying less people than normal
And you must be the thickest of thick to realise that 'case' numbers are irrelavant. The numbers in hosp and deaths are the only ones of concern.

Less than 600 nationally. Tests are a joke withfalse posatives. A mountain goat some fruit and an unused test all tested 'posative' then theres the double tests.
The actual toll is less than 1400. 5yr rolling average deaths had dropped 7 weeks on the bash.
You wanna see family. Do it.

Course i recall with great memory the constant testing and mask wearing in 2018 for flu...

Concentrate on what you do not what others do. Stop turning on fellow humans.

'Fears...'blah blah... nah. Never gonna happen.
Didnt happen in london. Didnt happen at large gatherings. Didnt happen at large demos. Didnt happen during the blm craze. Hasnt happened in sweden. Hasnt happened even in China despite pool parties and raves. Wont happen in schools. Less than double figs of kids have died.
Feel free to believe it will. Feel free to lock yourself away. Keep on listening to the constant media propaganda.
Nice one. Feel free to pm me with what you said that has been removed. :) I am down the road from you and totally agree. My Swedish relations think we are insane.

Back