Covid-19 the second wave.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 of my team at work (out of 15 people in team) have covid since before Christmas. Be careful, Stay Home unless you need to go out (e.g. get food) Be Safe Protect the NHS.

I am in Essex.

It will be just like to Flu, each year there is a slightly different variant and we get a new jab.

I would think that too but given we are going to possibly struggle to jab everypne twice this year I woudl suspect its not feasible to be jabbing everyone constantly forever.. after the main vaccine perhaps a yearly jab for vulnerable people?

Just been out to get a few food essentials and it’s busy out there. I’d say as busy as a normal weekday. Supermarket was quiet though... where’s everyone going?

At just under 50 and in reasonable health and not a keyworker, I don’t expect I’ll get the vaccine any time soon. So like @An Ankoù I shall formulate my own version. They said 60% alcohol kills the virus, so I figure that a daily dose of 10 x American IPA at 6% should do the job, right?

Fortunately, now that the festivities are over, I've got a number of empty pickle jars so I'll be off down to garage thus afternoon to dig out the old chemistry set and develop my own vaccine. 👍
Have you found a corny keg to hypodermic needle adapter.

I am in ASDA car park as I type this and the car park is quiet compared to normal.

Seems like loads of wine kits sold out. Suppose everyone is heading to make more brews now.

62C74519-B9A2-4897-A27E-4F03CD955A77.jpeg

Yes but the jab you get is for the previous one and not the current one so I was informed when I got my first last October
I am not sure then. I thought I had read that they see what flu infections are coming from the east and then make a vaccination for that. Not sure on time scales of it all though. But that jab will give you protection for longer than 12 months and gives you immunity to that strain

I would think that too but given we are going to possibly struggle to jab everypne twice this year I woudl suspect its not feasible to be jabbing everyone constantly forever.. after the main vaccine perhaps a yearly jab for vulnerable people?
I am sure they said the jabs will give you more than 12 months cover and it will certainly go along way to protect us long term.

They said tonight that they are willing to accept a certain amount of deaths each year.

I am sure they said the jabs will give you more than 12 months cover and it will certainly go along way to protect us long term.

They said tonight that they are willing to accept a certain amount of deaths each year.

As with the flu this is not going to go away people will die the vaccine will help stop most of us dying from it.

The UK has reported a further 1,041 people have died with coronavirus, the highest daily death toll since April.

It came as 62,322 new cases were recorded, the highest daily rise since mass testing began, as MPs debated England's new curbs.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said doctors could be forced to ration treatment without the new lockdown.
There are 30,074 Covid patients in UK hospitals, he said, as an ambulance trust told of severe pressure.
The number of those who died within 28 days of a positive test in the past week is 37% higher than the previous seven days.
Mr Hancock told MPs the consequences of inaction could be similar to scenes elsewhere in the world - of overrun hospitals and doctors choosing "who to treat and who to turn away".
"If we don't act now, we know that eventually the NHS would not be able to cope," Mr Hancock said.
"We know that while the winter weeks will be difficult, we now know what the way out looks like," he added, referencing the accelerated roll out of vaccines.
West Midlands Ambulance Service experienced its busiest-ever day on Monday, handling 5,383 emergency calls due to a combination of Covid-19 pressures and winter weather.
All of the UK is now under strict virus curbs, with Wales, Northern Ireland and most of Scotland also in lockdown.
While England's lockdown became law at midnight, MPs will vote this evening on the restrictions after Parliament was recalled.

Meanwhile, GCSEs, A-level and AS-level exams will be cancelled this year in England, replaced by a form of teacher-assessed grades, Education Secretary Gavin Williamson said.
"This year, we're going to put our trust in teachers, rather than algorithms," he said, following controversy over the way exam grades were awarded to some students last year.
All national curriculum tests for primary school children, often known as Sats, are also cancelled, Mr Williamson confirmed.
He said that during this lockdown, every school will be expected to provide between three and five hours of virtual teaching each day and that 750,000 laptop and tablet devices will have been distributed by the end of next week.

We are in a war zone at the moment and we need to improve our handling of it as one nation not 4. I would suggest a coalition government made up of members of the Tory, Labour parties, Scottish and Welsh Parliaments and the NI assembly and major city majors. One message, one plan , leadership not dithering and U turns.

Back