Covid - Plan B & Omicron

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had booster on Wednesday, felt a bit grotty Thursday but really rough today, same reaction as last two, got to get it together hops have arrived Brew’s to do tmw!

Partial lockdown announced -

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte has announced Western Europe's first partial Covid lockdown of the winter, with three weeks of restrictions for shops, sport and catering.
He said that the annoying, drastic move was in response to record infections and rising intensive care cases.
Much of Europe is facing a surge in cases, blamed partly on low vaccine take-up in several countries.
Austria is expected to back a lockdown for unvaccinated people this weekend.
Restrictions would be imposed first in the two provinces of Upper Austria and Salzburg from Monday, according to Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein.
Denmark, which had downgraded coronavirus as no longer a "socially critical" disease, has re-instated a Covid pass that was phased out in September. The government wants to push through a law allowing workplaces to require the pass for staff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59258409

I don't have a huge extended family but COVID is creating a rift for Thanksgiving.
I'm just going to stay out of that, do a small gathering of people at our place who are vaccinated. Do it on that Friday right after and put my Blichmann Hellfire floor burner and 60 Q (56l) pot to work and deep fry a turkey--and maybe a couple of chickens.

I highly recommend getting a decent air filter that is rated for viruses and turning it on when people visit, yeah it's annoying, but a hell of a lot better than the alternatives - open windows in winter? No thanks! Or worse actually contracting something. I wish I had got mine earlier. The last visitor commented on how fresh the air seemed. I have no idea how effective they actually are, but they can't possibly do any harm right?

Reactions: HSD
Came out of hospital on Tuesday after triple heart bypass. Don't read up on it if you're squemish. Was told if I catch covid before during or shortly after op I'm dead. So I have had 2 jabs and flu. Mrs caught covid a while back which delayed my op. I just got out of the hospital with hours to spare as the ward was going from green covid secure to amber where there has been a positive test by someone already in hospital. Anyway my sense of taste are off because of the meds. I has a nanny state and it tasted really great ashock1

I'm on day 8 here and things are easing up am much more awake and not so tired. Got a little cough now which is a bit of a nuisance that's all.

All I can say is fortunately the vaccine has helped keep me safe from the worst of it please get it if you have any doubts.

That's some demonstration. I was keeping a closer eye on Michigan and it was not pretty. Right now, we're blowing the previous "New Cases" stat out of the water.
I'm bracing for what the cold months hold for us. As I mentioned above somewhere, there's a "the pandemic is done and gone" vibe, at least with sporting events. Since I don't watch any news or live TV, I'm not sure how widespread the idea that the pandemic's over is.

do you have the option and will you get yours?
The booster is open to everyone. I won't be due for a booster until April, '21 because of when I got my second shot. My wife got her booster and the effects were far worse than her second shot. It took her a week to fully recover.
I'm not around people hardly at all which is mostly why I dragged my feet getting vaccinated to begin with. The prospect of being laid up/under the weather for a week is very unappealing. I think our guidelines put me in the "don't have to do it" category but don't quote me on that. Bottom line is that I will if it's the best thing to do.

Just had my COVID booster and flu jab. Probably famous last words, but no issues so far. They even put both jabs in the same arm.

The NHS staff gave the following advice:
1) take paracetamol at 4 hour intervals,
2) take in plenty of liquid/fluids.

They must have read my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back