Covid - Plan B & Omicron

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but seriously - I wouldn't hesitate given the combination of how transmissible omicron is which means it's pretty much impossible to avoid in the next few weeks (it sounds like the guy who died of omicron was the kind to keep in his house, food delivered, that kind of thing), and the difference that a booster makes against omicron compared to just having 2 jabs.

I think i am probably too late now anyway even if i could get in before the weekend i would be unlikely to have the full benefit before the end of the year.

I felt a bit rough after my pfizer booster for a couple of day, first 2 were AZ no symptoms at all, get it done Chippy

My first two were AZ and like you no symptoms at all.
I have booked my booster the process was a lot smoother tonight (it was a real pita the other night)

The perfect tree for the anti vaxers, needleless

1639684986450.png

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1639639116418.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639639116418.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Rishi Sunak is cutting short a US trip for talks with businesses concerned about the impact of the Omicron variant.

Questions had been raised over the chancellor's absence, on government business, as rising Covid cases hit consumer confidence.
Labour called on Mr Sunak - who has been in California - to "leave Hollywood and come back to reality".
The BBC understands he is returning a day earlier than planned.
A number of firms and business organisations - especially those linked with the hospitality sector - are calling for financial support from the government as new restrictions and warnings over gatherings leads to cancellations and a drop in customers.
But the Treasury has so far declined their plea.
The chancellor, who is due back in the UK overnight, acknowledged it was a "difficult time" for hospitality but said the situation was "very different to what we've done and encountered before".
He added that the government was not telling people to cancel things or closing down businesses.
The UK government and devolved administrations have not placed any additional restrictions on businesses, such as lockdowns or reduced group sizes for restaurants or bars.
But warnings from England's Chief Medical Officer Prof Chris Whitty to prioritise social interactions and from ministers urging people to "think carefully in our choices" in the run-up to Christmas has led to a collapse in customer numbers.
The hospitality industry estimates that December takings will be down by 40% - and the damage could be twice as much as that in London.
UK Hospitality has asked for an extension of the discounted 12.5% VAT rate to stretch beyond its scheduled end in March 2022 to help their members, and for business rates due in the first quarter of next year to be deferred.
And business group the CBI has called for an instruction from the government to tell councils to immediately release unused grants and rates relief to businesses in need.
But the appeals have been made while the chancellor has been in California on government business.

'Heads in the sand'
The BBC understands Mr Sunak travelled to San Francisco on Tuesday to hold meetings with industry leaders from the technology and investment sectors, and hosted a roundtable on Thursday morning.
But the general secretary of the TUC, Frances O'Grady, accused him of being "missing in action".
She told the Daily Mirror: "The chancellor should be stood next to the PM, announcing help to pay wages, save jobs and stop businesses going to the wall."
Mr Sunak tweeted that he and his team had held meetings with the hospitality sector on Thursday, including UK Hospitality and the CBI.
And a Treasury spokesman said he would return early from his trip to to resume discussions with business leaders on Friday.
But Labour called for a plan of action by the end of the day to help struggling firms.
Shadow culture secretary Lucy Powell said places like theatres and gig venues "urgently need some leadership from government", but were instead getting "heads in the sand".
In a statement, Mr Sunak said: "We understand that this is a concerning time for businesses.
"Myself and my wider team met with business representatives earlier [on Thursday], listened to their concerns and will continue to work with industry leaders over the coming days.
"To keep safeguarding our economic recovery and the lives and livelihoods of the British people our priority is now to make sure everyone has the opportunity to 'get boosted now'."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59686356

Dripford is at it again. Not content with shutting schools he is now shutting all night clubs from 27th. All to stem the virus, like it's going to wait 10 days and only attack nightclubbers during that time.

Dripford is at it again. Not content with shutting schools he is now shutting all night clubs from 27th. All to stem the virus, like it's going to wait 10 days and only attack nightclubbers during that time.

Having a meal out with a family bubble is going to be safer than being in a nightclub environment assuming tables are reasonably spaced from others. By killing the new years eve nightclub parties they'll all end up down the pub now :oops:

Mr D hasn't been as dull as he was last time notwithstanding his Diwali Dancing.

Although there's still time for him to go into full on dictator mode)

Think pet shop boys....

I don't know why
I don't now how
I think ive got caught a bug
im not sure how

visitor from china
inside my head
thank god im under 60
or id be dead

remember when
we could have fun...
no distancing in sight
until they learned....

of the covid danger
they passed a law
when it didn't stop it...
they made up more...

all day, all day watch them all fall down ..
all day, all day diwali dancing...

thought my throat was sore
im not to blame
the symptoms I have caught
are not the same.

danger of mutations
i know the score
there was only one but
now there are more..

all day, all day watch them all fall down ..
all day, all day diwali dancing...

when you're looking out your window
are they all locked in?
or are you just a sad loser....

I really don't know what all the fuss is about, advice has been given so make your own minds up, if you want to party fine it's your choice if you want to be sensible fine again your choice, I am no expert on these matters i am triple jabbed and will look after my family as i see fit, common sense is the order of the day :tinhat:

I wasn't t aware until a couple of days ago that some people have had 4 jabs.
It left me confused when I got my e-mail confirmation for my booster that it had this line

If you have booked a 3rd dose you will not be able to get vaccinated without your referral letter.

Until then I hasn’t appreciated that their was a difference between a third dose and a booster, (and that people with certain condition‘s are getting a third dose plus a booster). Doesn’t help that booster and third dose are used interchangeably on the news.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about, advice has been given so make your own minds up, if you want to party fine it's your choice if you want to be sensible fine again your choice, I am no expert on these matters i am triple jabbed and will look after my family as i see fit, common sense is the order of the day :tinhat:

It's more about each country being consistent. I like that in Wales they are a bit more proactive but why shut nightclubs after boxing day? If nightclubs are an issue close it now. It's like they don't know what to do but feel they need to do something.

It's also not about using common sense, it will become law so you have to do it.

Hi Chippy my wife is waiting for her 4th jab, she is immunno supressed

A bloke on the radio yesterday heard about the 4 jabs and has health issues he contacted his doctor and the doctor wasn't aware there was a third dose of the original vaccine for people like him and your wife, I wonder how many people haven't had all four because other doctors are unaware.

The cynic in me thinks the (edit: English) government are giving us a lockdown (through the messaging) without saying it's a lockdown, so they avoiding having to run another furlough scheme

@Flat Foot

I agree and said this earlier in the thread they are making us make the decision so they don't have to pay.
Businesses are going to close and many people are going to lose their jobs just when they thought they had gone through the worst and had come out the other side.

This is worth a listen if you're in two minds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0b98hzl

Nice link ta. athumb..

Clearly the biggest risk with this approach is for those who aren't vaccinated at all. Chippy's point seems to be if you have 2 jabs is catching cov19 after 2 jabs less dangerous to the point of not worrying about getting the booster jab. That's what happened to Mrs DOJ (unintentionally). The link doesn't address the protection difference after 2 jabs between infection or a 3rd jab. :confused.:

Chippy's point seems to be if you have 2 jabs is catching cov19 after 2 jabs less dangerous to the point of not worrying about getting the booster jab.

The UKHSA weekly reports are pretty clear on this - a booster makes a huge difference to your response to omicron, particularly after AZ. 2 AZ has almost zero effectiveness against symptoms from omicron (although they give OK protection against Bad Stuff), a booster gets that up to 70% or so, and gives a useful bump to the effectiveness against Bad Stuff.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...41593/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-50.pdf

Just to add my very recent experience, all 3 of my boys caught Covid from school. Obviously me and the wife expected to get it too however we never did, our boys are still very young so they are climbing all over us etc so very close contact but nothing. We did 2 pcr's and an lft everyday and all were negative. We are both triple jabbed which I can only assume did the job in protecting us both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back