Covid - Plan B & Omicron

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what i thought.
I have never been ill with bacteria or virus
since about 25 yrs of age.

Before any body thinks I am claeming to be some sort of superman
I have been ill for getting on two decades,
due to Health problems caused by been run over by car

Just never had colds or flu for getting on for 4 decades now.
Must be the wine you make John , good stuff that 🍷😂😂👍

Sky also seem quite upbeat about this small scale trial of Fluvoxamine.

Cheap antidepressant pill could reduce COVID hospital admissions by a third
Research has suggested fluvoxamine, a pill used for depression and OCD, could save the lives of coronavirus patients and reduce hospital admissions by 32%.
A team of Canadian scientists gave the pill to 738 randomly selected COVID patients in Brazil, while another 733 received a placebo.
All the participants had been recently infected with coronavirus and were at risk of severe illness because of other health problems.
Those who received fluvoxamine were 32% less likely to be admitted to hospital than those in the placebo group, even if they didn't take the full course of the drug.
For those who took the pill for at least eight days of the 10-day course, there was an even bigger difference - with a 66% reduction in hospital admission and 91% drop in death rates.
The pill costs just £2.35 for a course of COVID treatment, making it much cheaper than other available coronavirus treatments.
If you are depressed about catching or having covid that could be a double win? :?:

Drugs have their place but, in general, I'm not a fan, especially since the scientists are only guessing as to how or why they work. One positive (and that's an arguable point) to thirty, or whatever, potential negatives.
Personally, drinking beer puts me in a good mood so there's that.

Had my booster jab this morning. All very efficient and well organised as were the first two.
I was asked a lot more questions on the way in this time compared with previous occasions, and was given a leaflet to read about the Pfizer vaccine, and the possible side effects.
No problems so far, but lets see how it feels tomorrow 🤞

Almost 36 hours since my booster . . . . . My arm has been quite painful - much worse than last time. Consequently I slept badly last night. I've felt a bit spaced out as well, but this might be the result of the lack of sleep. However, I don't feel ill, so all in all not a bad result :thumbsup:

Another day on, and my arm is almost back to normal again, and no other problems. At least I managed to get a decent nights sleep.
I was however a bit dismayed last night when I was unable to convince my wife that excessive flatulence is a little known side effect of the Pfizer/Biontech vaccine . . . . . I guess that it might have been the beer :rolleyes:

I too had the same problem with both doses of the AZ. However, I don’t drink beer, only cider. So you are correct, it’s the vaccine.

Just tested positive on lateral flow test so going for PCR later on. Been double jabbed since the summer.

Family show no signs of it.

Felt like a very very minor cold so did the test - if that's as bad as I get it I'll take that.

No idea who I could have got it from though I don't know anyone who has it.

Another day on, and my arm is almost back to normal again, and no other problems. At least I managed to get a decent nights sleep.
I was however a bit dismayed last night when I was unable to convince my wife that excessive flatulence is a little known side effect of the Pfizer/Biontech vaccine . . . . . I guess that it might have been the beer :rolleyes:

Maybe it was the fact you were lighting them she was less impressed with

"it's the vaccine luv!!"

That's the worry half the people i see going into the supermarket are not wearing masks because they don't have to, they no longer sanitise the trollies so it is going to spread, the good news for most of us who have had the jabs and booster is it shouldn't be much worse than a cold as in your case.

Just tested positive on lateral flow test so going for PCR later on. Been double jabbed since the summer.

Family show no signs of it.

Felt like a very very minor cold so did the test - if that's as bad as I get it I'll take that.

Other thing is, so many people do not show symptoms so you may know someone who had it but don't know they did. I just think it is goingt o be that way in some sort of way.

Hope you get well soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back