Covid - Plan B & Omicron

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter and grandson aged 8 visited us from Glasgow on Friday, when they got off the train they were wearing masks which are compulsory in Scotland. Why hasn't that idiot Boris done the same. I went into Wilco yesterday I'm the only person wearing a mask.

My daughter and grandson aged 8 visited us from Glasgow on Friday, when they got off the train they were wearing masks which are compulsory in Scotland. Why hasn't that idiot Boris done the same. I went into Wilco yesterday I'm the only person wearing a mask.
Where I am there appears to be a mask heirachy when shopping.
Waitrose is about 80% mask wearing.
Sainsbury's about 50%. Thought it might be higher, but with the Waitrose close by it could be a relative thing.
Lidl is around 20%, but it's near the university so many more youngsters compared to the other locations.

My neighbour told me yesterday that his mother was getting her booster jab later that morning. She’s about 80.

Sadly he also told me that one of his drinking buddies had contracted COVID.

He felt rough in the morning, started coughing around lunchtime, had breathing difficulties and was rushed to Aberdeen by ambulance close to midnight. He spent 10 days in hospital. He was discharged after that. 2 days later he starting with breathing difficulties again, and died later that day. He was just over 50, as fit as a flea, with no underlying illnesses. He was double jabbed by July of this year. They suspect it was blood clots.

Plan B?
From where I'm sitting another lockdown is inevitable, that'll take the pressure off Christmas turkeys at least. My son and his wife- early forties, both double jabbed late spring caught the covid together with the rest of the family so I don't know what they were vaccinated with- probably Sputnik 5 and 7-Up!
The tales I hear about the Netherlands are also worrying. A couple spending a week's holiday with us live in Germany near the border and work in the Netherlands for a ditribution co. In Germany they're all masked up and as soon as they get to work in the Neds, it's masks off in pretty much every environment. I see the infection rate there is increasing worryingly) proportionate to the poplulation- about a quarter of the UK's), but number of deaths is much lower.
Getting back to our lad, he missed a camping weekend and puts the blame fairly and squarely a the feet of the Junta. I wouldn't like to be in Boris' shoes!

The Covid passport went live in Scotland over the weekend with angry reaction from the punters without a valid passport being denied entry to those venues requiring a prove of a double jab. Whilst I'm not a fan of Nicola at least she is showing the kind of leadership that Boris is incapable of.

1635162801318.png

Last edited:
I don't understand why everyone is moaning about people not wearing masks in their English towns and cities, people don't have to.

In Wales you have to wear masks, nobody is really sure when and where to wear them, and individual shops, hotels etc have their own rules anyway. Just wear yours and don't worry about anyone else.

Ive had just about every jag going as a ex serviceman,Some have caused painfull swelling that took weeks to go down

My two covid jabs were both painless and produced NO reaction.
Is that a good or a bad thing.?????????

Ive had just about every jag going as a ex serviceman,Some have caused painfull swelling that took weeks to go down

My two covid jabs were both painless and produced NO reaction.
Is that a good or a bad thing.?????????
reading up on this it could be that you have a poor immune system or your immune system is already able to deal with it in an asymptomatic way. - possibly from previous exposure that you may not have been aware of.

TLDR - could be either :confused.:

Thats what i thought.
I have never been ill with bacteria or virus
since about 25 yrs of age.

Before any body thinks I am claeming to be some sort of superman
I have been ill for getting on two decades,
due to Health problems caused by been run over by car

Just never had colds or flu for getting on for 4 decades now.

I'll be pushing and shoving @obscure at the front of the queue come December.
Alas I’m in my thirties (and my second jab was in August so even if they do open it up to my age group it likely wouldn’t be until February next year assuming they keep to six months between second and third jabs.

But the data does seem to suggest that a booster is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back