Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got asked to participate in the react study today, so have said yes. Don't know what it entails, other than taking a Covid test, but if it helps then might as well .
I did one of these last year a COVID test comes in the mail you book a collection online then take the sample first thing in the morning the day of the collection, the result (negative) came by text to me a few days later. Taking the sample is deeply unpleasant but as expected when you are sticking a swap down your throat and up your nose. I assume they then collate the results to estimate the prevalence of COVID-19 in the community. But it’s not exactly a huge imposition.

I got asked to participate again last week so have signed up again, so will be a fun start to a weekday morning.

I think you can still offer accommodation for contractors, and the like, so perhaps they got around it that way?
To do that in our county you have to register in the council. If they did book genuinely or otherwise details will be known and £10000 issued.

To do that in our county you have to register in the council. If they did book genuinely or otherwise details will be known and £10000 issued.

How are you feeling today? few people i know who suffered were 24 hours mostly and 48 hours before they were back to normal

How was someone able to rent a airbnb. Hopefully the owner gets a fine too.

Good question. If AirBnB isn't taking bookings maybe he's dealing direct on Gumtree or Craigslist or something? The people in there apparently are renting for the next couple of months anyway.

Not sure I agree about the owner being liable - it's the people in the flat who arranged the party, not him. Assuming he's doing proper checks when letting it then it's not his fault. If there are repeated occurrences which show a pattern then it might be a different matter, but I guess they'd need to show some kind of negligence on his part which is gonna be tricky.

1615221245532.png

Starting to feel normal again. Thought I was all good but did a heavy zwift session this evening and now knackered.

I had my first jab (AstraZeneca) on Saturday afternoon. Felt fine afterwards, but had an awful night. Just couldn't sleep at all and had a bad headache in the morning. Once I'd got rid of the headache, I was fine but just knackered. Sunday night I slept like a baby and Monday morning I felt great.

Now this morning (Wednesday), I have another bad headache and have been sick. Had to go back to bed and slept all morning. I haven't been sick for years (and that was almost certainly self-inflicted). Such a late reaction to a jab seems unlikely, so have to assume I've picked up a bug of some sort - but who knows for sure?

Such a late reaction to a jab seems unlikely, so have to assume I've picked up a bug of some sort - but who knows for sure?
I've had a succession of cold type bugs all flippin' year. How that's possible when I've had zero contact with the outside world all that time I don't know.
Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that bat...

I've had a succession of cold type bugs all flippin' year. How that's possible when I've had zero contact with the outside world all that time I don't know.
Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that bat...

I was thinking exactly the same - I haven't been anywhere or near anyone, how have I picked up a bug? My wife works in a hospital, so that's obviously a route for bugs, but she's absolutely fine. I'd love to know if it's connected to the jab, but I probably never will.

Great news posted by the BBC 19 minutes ago -

Coronavirus infections may be levelling off in some of the UK, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.

The figures for the week up to 6 March suggest new cases continue to fall in England and Wales, but not in Northern Ireland and Scotland.
The UK's latest R number - 0.6 and 0.8 - suggests the outbreak is shrinking.
It means that, on average, every 10 people infected in the UK will infect between 6 and 8 other people.
Meanwhile, the UK has reported 6,609 cases of coronavirus and 175 Covid deaths in the latest 24-hour period. More than 23 million people have had a first dose of coronavirus vaccine.

Infections in the community

According to the ONS statistics, there are around 231,400 people in the community with the virus, or around one in every 280 people in the UK is infected.
That's an improvement on last week's figure of one in every 230.
It is too soon to predict, from these statistics, what effect the reopening of schools might have on infection rates going forward, say experts.
The ONS results, based on tests from people whether or not they had symptoms, show:
  • In England, one in 270 had coronavirus (compared with one in 220 the week before)
  • In Northern Ireland, it is one in 310 (compared with one in 325 previously)
  • In Wales, it is one in 365 (compared with one in 285)
  • In Scotland, it is one in 320 (compared with one in 335)
There are "early signs" of a possible increase in the percentage of people testing positive in the South East and South West of England, says the ONS.
Rates have decreased in the North East, North West, East Midlands, East of England and London, and the trend is uncertain in Yorkshire and The Humber and the West Midlands.
But caution should be taken in over-interpreting the small changes, it says.
The estimates for people testing positive for the virus are:
  • one in 320 for London (compared with one in 195 the week before)
  • one in 315 for East of England (compared with one in 260 previously)
  • one in 305 for East Midlands (compared with one in 185)
  • one in 295 for north-west England (compared with one in 190)
  • one in 290 for south-west England (compared with one in 365)
  • one in 280 for north-east England (compared with one in 150)
  • one in 265 for south-east England (compared with one in 340)
  • one in 230 for Yorkshire and The Humber (compared with one in 225)
  • one in 190 for West Midlands (compared with one in 190)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back