Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1616013681665.png

If anyone hasn't heard, everyone of 50 or over can now get the jab. If you are 50 or over and haven't yet been contacted, you can visit nhs.uk and book a vaccination at a suitable location and time to suit yourself.

I'm booked in for Saturday afternoon.

EU agency says AstraZeneca vaccine is 'safe and effective'

A review by the EU's medicines regulator has concluded the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine is "safe and effective", and its benefits outweigh the risks.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) found the vaccine was "not associated" with a higher risk of blood clots.

But it said it would continue to study the possibility of such links.

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Thursday called on countries to continue using the vaccine.

Decisions to suspend use of the vaccine by 13 EU states sparked concerns over the pace of the region's vaccination drive, which had already been affected by supply shortages.

Much of Europe is struggling to contain a surge in coronavirus cases.
The WHO is due to release the results of its own review into the vaccine's safety on Friday.

The EMA investigation focused on a small number of cases of unusual blood disorders. In particular, it was looking at cases of cerebral venous thrombosis - blood clots in the head.

Full article EU agency says AstraZeneca vaccine is 'safe and effective'

Its difficult to predict but I heard they are moving on to the over 50's and if they are getting through a minimum of half a million a day it cannot be long before they let families meet again even if in a restricted way.

Doubt it. Listening to the 5pm news they said they need to jab 8000 over 50s to prevent 1 death. Plus there is going to be a shortage of vaccines for a month or so.

Doubt it. Listening to the 5pm news they said they need to jab 8000 over 50s to prevent 1 death. Plus there is going to be a shortage of vaccines for a month or so.

My parents have both had the jab and i guess that goes for most here, if i was to go to see them this Easter (and keep a distance) i don't see why i would pose more of a threat than if i went to see them in a care home which they are now allowing with restrictions.

My one concern is getting the second jab within the time limit of 12 weeks, seeing as WHO said that was the absolute limit and it should be more like 3 or 4 weeks. Especially if there is a shortage on the horizon.

My one concern is getting the second jab within the time limit of 12 weeks, seeing as WHO said that was the absolute limit and it should be more like 3 or 4 weeks. Especially if there is a shortage on the horizon.

When i booked my jab i had to book the second 8 weeks later.

When i booked my jab i had to book the second 8 weeks later.
My wife did the same after a letter, no letter for me rather oddly the NHS didn't seem to know I existed. I rang the doctors and they said they would be in touch, so totally different system to my wife even though we have the same doctor.

My wife did the same after a letter, no letter for me rather oddly the NHS didn't seem to know I existed. I rang the doctors and they said they would be in touch, so totally different system to my wife even though we have the same doctor.

How strange, can you get in touch and explain what has gone on you shouldn't have to wait more than 8 weeks.

Had my first dose yesterday. Didn’t have a very good night but not too bad at all today.

The easing of restrictions will be in line with the plan regardless of getting through the vaccination programme more quickly. That’s probably not going to be the case now though unless things change in India with supplies.

I had my first dose on Saturday, Astra Zeneca. No side effects, I was knackered the next day but I’ve put that down to moving 3 tonnes of paving stones when I got back from having the vaccine.

A bloke at work had his the other day came into work the next day feeling fine and within a couple of hours he was wiped out and had to go home it lasted 3 days i have played it safe and booked a couple of days off taking me into the weekend just in case.

I had my letter my jab is a week sunday. I'm really worried about the side effects of giving up drinking from the 25th till 4 or 5 days after the injection. I've never been without a beer that long since I started ashock1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back