Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone politely says "How interesting" and ignores them, despite them being Cabinet Ministers. Ultimately it has to be the guy at the top who has the final say.

As you say everyone ignores, you don't know if they vote or how it works and the thread is going back down the what happened before road again so I will leave it there.

It is time to make taking the vaccine compulsory for every adult (unless they have a doctor's note) and introduce heavy fines on those who refuse.
That won’t fly in this country. However, the idea of passports is worth considering though. The thing to consider is the charge of involuntary manslaughter. Which sounds a bit over the top, but the act of coming into contact with other people without affording some sort of protection fits that charge pretty much exactly.
a person may fall foul of this simply by causing a death even though he or she did not intend that outcome.
with all the evidence available now, it certainly fits the reckless or criminal negligence part.

For example, I use the same hairdresser as my wife, just because, well I don’t really know why, I just need a short back and sides. However, a few weeks ago the lady was cutting my hair, this subject of vaccinations came up. She proudly said that she will not be having it, and that most of the people in the salon are the same.

Had I know this, I would not have gone. The question arises as to whether, through recklessness, or indeed criminal negligence, on the part of the salon owner or the hairdresser. I it was found that she had COVID and one of her clients caught it from her, would she be liable?

That won’t fly in this country. However, the idea of passports is worth considering though. The thing to consider is the charge of involuntary manslaughter. Which sounds a bit over the top, but the act of coming into contact with other people without affording some sort of protection fits that charge pretty much exactly.
a person may fall foul of this simply by causing a death even though he or she did not intend that outcome.
with all the evidence available now, it certainly fits the reckless or criminal negligence part.

For example, I use the same hairdresser as my wife, just because, well I don’t really know why, I just need a short back and sides. However, a few weeks ago the lady was cutting my hair, this subject of vaccinations came up. She proudly said that she will not be having it, and that most of the people in the salon are the same.

Had I know this, I would not have gone. The question arises as to whether, through recklessness, or indeed criminal negligence, on the part of the salon owner or the hairdresser. I it was found that she had COVID and one of her clients caught it from her, would she be liable?
No she wouldn't. You need both actus reus and mens rea for the crime to be committed. Don't think the CPS will get that one home. There would be a fair argument though and if successful would open a can of worms. Flu jabs etc etc.

For murder you must have intention to kill or cause GBH, none are present here.

Involuntary manslaughter - no unlawful act by your hairdresser so no offence. You could look at manslaughter by gross negligence but i don't see that the hairdresser as a duty of care for you or their customers. It would be different if the death was caused by some chemical used to dye your hair and your hairdresser knew that she shouldn't use it on you but went ahead anyway.

Which would be great if it wasn’t killing people.
Hi Chris when i say it doesn't matter anymore that's the feeling i have when out and about people are just acting like it's gone away like life is back to normal, i have had both my jabs but still wear a mask not for me but others who are more vulnerable like folks who who can't have it for health reasons, thats the feeling i have hope this clears my comment up acheers.

1623777316385.png

I thought it might be a can of worms, but it’s interesting that someone can expose another to known issue and have no come back just because they ‘don’t believe in it’.

I think at the very least, shops and the like should be made to display the status of COVID vaccinations of the staff. I think that should be a given.

I think at the very least, shops and the like should be made to display the status of COVID vaccinations of the staff. I think that should be a given.

As far as i am aware a shop keeper has no legal right to demand staff reveal their vaccination status its a personal decision.

That’s what I mean Chippy, it’s a bit queer when in this day and age, the public, and other staff are not protected from this sort of thing.

That’s really funny, but it does highlight the mentality of some people. I’m sure normal people don’t really want to pass this thing on.
You are right though, no legal requirement at present. It will require a change in the law.

That’s what I mean Chippy, it’s a bit queer when in this day and age, the public, and other staff are not protected from this sort of thing.

Sorry mate i am a bit confused (doesn't take much these days)

Are you saying shops should display their staffs vaccination status or are you agreeing with me that shop keepers, bosses etc do not have the legal right to demand employees divulge their vaccination status as its personal information.

Sorry mate i am a bit confused (doesn't take much these days)

Are you saying shops should display the staffs vaccine status or are you agreeing with me that shop keepers. bosses etc do not have the legal right to demand employees divulge their vaccination status?
I agree with you that there is no legal requirement at present.
My thoughts are that there should be some mechanism for the the general public to make an informed decision as to whether they feel it’s safe to enter a shop or business.
For example, food establishments are required to state, VERY clearly the possible allergic reactions people may have to any ingredients. People have died from taking a bite of a takeaway through lack of information.
personally, I wouldn’t be eating out if I was that allergic to things, but the law says it’s a must, and it’s very strict.
Fortunately, not too many people die of it now, due to the law change.

If a business were to advertise that all it's staff were fully vaccinated, that would be a massive selling point.

The difficulty would be that without supporting legislation it is hard to ensure that they are being honest.

I for one would avoid a business owned by an anti-vaxxer and spend my hard earned elsewhere.

At the end of the day all the laws and legistration in the world will not help, best to look after yourself, and to throw another in the mix why are the press calling it freedom day it's not or if you are french Le Grande Pissup day :laugh8:

My thoughts are that there should be some mechanism for the the general public to make an informed decision as to whether they feel it’s safe to enter a shop or business.

This would mean the staff would have to tell the shop owner if they are or are not vaccinated, would staff who choose not to be vaccinated (for whatever reason) be discriminated against for that decision? its a minefield and i am glad i am not making the rules up.

I think all young people should wear a badge clearly showing if they have an STD before being allowed in pubs, clubs and other places where they may meet future lovers, purely for the protection of those innocent future partners.

Also, the full medical history of bus drivers, taxi drivers, lorry drivers, etc should be visible to all along with the routes they are go to take so we can make an informed decision as to if we want to risk driving on the roads they are on.

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back