Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

However, Siân is grateful for politicians like Andy Burnham and Sadiq Khan for speaking out and encouraging people to continue wearing masks. She says that it gives her hope that 'some people will still be sensible'. …
Grateful?

Hang on. Isn't this the "Andy Burnham" who was dead opposed to Covid restrictions being applied to "his" city? Changed his tune a bit?

Basically Mr Burnham isn't interested in improving the chances for people suffering from Covid. He only sees the opportunity to score political points over the hated (to him) Tory party. The guy is a complete and utter toss-pot, a serious danger to the people of Manchester, and certainly not a "saint".

Well, something I’ve been almost 100% sure of for the past week was finally confirmed in an email this morning, my wife and I have COVID. We watched the Euro final at our friends house and they both woke up feeling groggy the next morning and subsequently tested positive. My wife and I were contacted by track and trace and then on the Tuesday started to develop cold like symptoms ourselves which got steadily worse over the course of the week despite testing negative with daily lateral flow tests.

I feel pretty annoyed with myself that I’ve succumbed after successfully avoiding it for a year and a half at the expense of leading a normal life, no holidays, no parties, going for months on end without seeing friends and family etc. Was it worth it only to drop my guard and go and catch it eventually anyway?

I suppose if there are any positives, perhaps the biggest one is that my wife and I managed to hold on long enough to have been double vaccinated before catching it. Trust me, the past week hasn’t been easy. We’ve had constant headaches, coughing and severe body aching. Even a shower is painful as the water hits your skin. And in the past two days I’ve lost all taste and smell as well.

I dread to think how different things might be if we hadn’t been double jabbed, but honestly, that doesn’t make it a walk in the park. Just be careful when things open up and everyone is allowed to do as they like from tomorrow. This thing is spreading like wildfire out there and just because Boris says you are allowed to go out and catch this horrible virus, it doesn’t mean you should do so.

Exactly the same story as me and my wife 2 weeks ago.

Hang on. Isn't this the "Andy Burnham" who was dead opposed to Covid restrictions being applied to "his" city? Changed his tune a bit?

Well he wasn't to happy when the Sturgeon told people not to go to Manchester so I guess the answer is yes.

As for political point scoring you may not agree with what Sian said about him but he is very popular unlike the current Labour leader.

And that too is my worry

Yet on the otehr hand I hear things like we need to let it go through and live with it whilst being double vaccination and boosting the vulnerable to get to an endemic stage..

I don't know what the hell is good and what is not..

Obvisouly you don't want anyone to get it and get sick but it is sort of expected / inevitable it will just exist and we will live with it? problem being of course we are not at the stage where everyone is protected.

Got my second jag at lunchtime today.
1626701054387.png

Just got back from work. Nipped into supermarket to get some supplies and it looks like about only half of people have decided to keep mask wearing up there.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, mask wearing is no longer a legal requirement in England. In fact, many were worn on the chin when it was. We need to do what we think is best for ourselves and stop judging what others are doing if it isn’t illegal. I have no idea how this “no restrictions” scenario is going to pan out and neither do I think anyone else does. So let’s give this “experiment”two weeks and see where we are.

Just got back from work. Nipped into supermarket to get some supplies and it looks like about only half of people have decided to keep mask wearing up there.

SWMBO found the same here, after all this time I guess it was inevitable people would be wary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back