Covid the jab and the final stage.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD

Retired Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose that it’s only natural that being the oldest contributor to this forum made me one of the first to get a booster jab last Thursday. Booked on line, the nearest vaccination centre was over 10 miles away, so I chose a time and turned up at Plymouth Albion Rugby ground to find a queue reminiscent of an airport customs check, snaking back and forth and out the door! Luckily there was a loo there as it was almost an hour before I was allowed out.

Irishwizard

Regular.
Reaction score
Ive just been asked if I want the Flu Jab next week. Strange, since no one had died of flu for two years

Gunge

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive just been asked if I want the Flu Jab next week. Strange, since no one had died of flu for two years
There has, just that it's called Covid, these days. I wouldn't have the jab if they were operating out of my garage.

darkbright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine booked for next Friday as front line nhs. My itu nurse wife had hers this week. I would do anything to avoid the horrors that we went through last year.

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'll say that I'm jealous that you can reasonably drive to more than one foreign country.
We'd love to visit all the places available.
Hope your opportunities come to fruition.

Underhill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Numbers dying of flu were going to be greatly reduced because of:
Reduced social contact
Improved hygiene with hand washing
Reduced transmission due to masks

Nothing to do with "it's called Covid, these days". Two different viruses which can be controlled in similar ways.

Covrich

Geek
Staff member
Reaction score
12 year old had the vaccine, it made him really ill for few days.. even made him wet the bed. Something he never even did when he did potty training at 3 😖

On the whole subject of this, how's everyone who has had it found the booster jab? work colleges wife has had it along with the flu jab and it has made her ill for over a week now. She is still not better long covid like symptoms from the booster.

alfajerry

Reaction score
On the whole subject of this, how's everyone who has had it found the booster jab?
My 92 year old Mum's had it.
No problems at all.
She had none from Jabs 1&2 either.

PS All Pfizer

Last edited:

darkbright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had all the vaccines. No problem with any of them other than a sore arm.

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
She is still not better long covid like symptoms from the booster.
That's terrible having to see a kid go through that.
And hopefully the person with a week of symptoms is at the tag end of it.

My wife and I, and anyone we know well, had a reaction ranging from minor to about a day or two worth of suckiness.
I haven't been sick enough worth mentioning in twelve years, colds (if that what they were) didn't last beyond 24 hours and no fever; but I certainly felt ill for a little over a day after the second Moderna shot. I had that fever break thing where I started sweating for some hours and then felt back to normal afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.