Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to work out how many cases are coming from non PCR testing and found that the no of cases from PCR testing is higher than the total cases and in some weeks the no of PCR tests is higher than the total no of tests. All data is for England only and from https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases... can anyone see what I've done wrong or have an explanation?
149131347_10164634348960585_5689632254997706653_o.jpg

The total number if tests are higher than the number if positive cases because people may get tested more than once.

Someone in my daughter's office had covid symptoms and ended up having 3 tests. Only the last one was positive. My daughter got the same symptoms and tested negative but didn't pursue it further because she was so ill.

503,000 people got the jab on Thursday, so it looks like vaccination levels have returned to their pre-snow levels, which is good news. However, supplies of the Pfizer one are reported to dip over the next couple of weeks due to changes at the factory in Belgium, so we could see a dip then.

It looks like as has been said this is going to end up like the flu where you have an annual jab, the sooner they get us all vaccinated the better.

Vaccines and treatments could mean that - by the end of the year - Covid-19 is an illness we can live with "like we do flu", the health secretary has said.

Matt Hancock told the Daily Telegraph he hoped new drugs by the end of 2021 could make Covid a "treatable disease".

The drugs - and vaccines - represent "our way out to freedom", he said.

However, scientists have warned against treating coronavirus like the flu, as mutations are getting "more dangerous" and "more infectious".

Dr Sarah Pitt, a virologist at the University of Brighton, told the BBC: "It's not a type of flu. It's not the same sort of virus. It doesn't cause the same sort of disease, it's very, very nasty."

Mr Hancock said he hoped all UK adults could be offered the vaccine "a bit before" September.

He said new treatments were needed for a "small number" who may not be protected by vaccines - a first dose of which has already been given to 14 million people.

Antibody treatments are being trialled as an alternative to vaccines for people with impaired immune systems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56050119

Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he is "optimistic" ahead of announcing his lockdown easing road map in England on 22 February.

It comes as scientists warn against lifting lockdown restrictions too quickly, even if the vaccination programme remains on target.
The government is hoping to have offered vaccinations to 15 million people by Monday.
So far, 14 million people in the UK have had at least one dose.
Mr Johnson said "we have to be cautious" and said his top priority was to be able to reopen schools in England on 8 March.
After schools, the government would look to open non-essential retail and then the hospitality sector, Mr Johnson added, during a visit to the Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies plant in Billingham, Teesside.
"I will be trying to set out as much as I possibly can in as much detail as I can, always understanding that we have to be wary of the pattern of disease. We don't want to be forced into any kind of retreat or reverse ferret," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56054637

A new trial is to test how well the Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine works in children.

Some 300 volunteers will take part, with the first vaccinations in the trial taking place later in February.

Researchers will assess whether the jab produces a strong immune response in children aged between six and 17.

The vaccine is one of two being used to protect against serious illness and death from Covid in the UK, along with the Pfizer-BioNTech jab.

As many as 240 children will receive the vaccine - and the others a control meningitis jab - when the trial gets under way.

Volunteers who live near one of the four study sites - the University of Oxford, St George's University Hospital, London, University Hospital Southampton and Bristol Royal Hospital for Children - are being asked to sign up.

Those interested in taking part must complete a short questionnaire.

Full article - Covid: Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine to be tested on children

I'm 49 but got offered a vaccine last week (when I was still 48) so went for it. Was on the shielding list so maybe that's why. My OH is 7 years older and with the same doctor and he hasn't had an offer yet.
AZ. Felt terrible for approx 24 hours after, temperature, headache, sore arm, and the raging two bob bits.
Would do it again in a heartbeat though! 2nd one booked for April 19th.

Have any members had the vaccine, which one did you have and how did it go?
Yeah had the Pfizer jab middle of Jan and have the 2nd dose booked 13th April.

Sore arm for a few days, nothing else to report. A co worker was off for a couple of days not feeling very well at all. Headaches, and general aches and pains.

Interestingly one of the lead scientists at work thought that was good, as it was proving the body was reacting to the vaccine!

I did think it seemed a different jab from all the others i have had vaccine wise.

People aged 65 to 69 in England are among those being invited to book their Covid-19 jab as the vaccination programme enters a new phase on Monday.

The clinically vulnerable are also being offered the jab as the vaccine rollout is officially expanded beyond the top four priority groups.
The UK is on track to offer the jab to all of the most vulnerable people by Monday, ministers have said.
So far, more than 14.5 million people in the UK have had at least one dose .
Almost 1.2 million letters were due to have landed on the doorsteps of over-65s and the clinically vulnerable by Saturday asking people to log on to the national booking service, NHS England said.
A further 1.2 million are due to arrive this week.

Full article Covid-19: Over-65s to receive jab in next phase of rollout in England

I know someone in London, under 40 with no health issues and has had an appointment for a jab. Perhaps because they have celebrity status?

I know someone in London, under 40 with no health issues and has had an appointment for a jab. Perhaps because they have celebrity status?

Have you any links Leon that should be posted everywhere if its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back