Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. Last August before schools went back we were at around 800 new cases and less than 20 deaths a day in the UK. Then look what happened!

There is one huge difference between then and now -

1614015492092.png

Attachments

• 1614015362159.png
    1614015362159.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 45
Just in the process of cancelling another planned holiday. 3 nights away in the U.K. Absolutely gutted and honestly feel so depressed right now. My wife has worked so hard as an ITU charge nurse through the entire pandemic and she was so looking forward to it.

By the time the kids go back there will only be three weeks left until the end of term. So, by missing just an extra 3 weeks in school and waiting until after Easter the number of those vaccinated could be double what it is now.

I don't have very young kids but i have been listened to people tonight saying you cannot keep a kid at home with parents indefinitely as its has a serious effect on its mental health, most families i know only have one kid not like in my day when most had 2 or more imagine if this had happened to you when you were 8 if you had no brothers or sisters and had not seen your friends for several months and you were stuck at home with your parents.

I don't have very young kids but i have been listened to people tonight saying you cannot keep a kid at home with parents indefinitely as its has a serious effect on its mental health, most families i know only have one kid not like in my day when most had 2 or more imagine if this had happened to you when you were 8 if you had no brothers or sisters and had not seen your friends for several months and you were stuck at home with your parents.
I agree it must be hell for some not being able to go out and play with friends. Not only if you are an only child. When I was 8 I had two younger sisters, one 5 and one 3, now That would have been hell. I still think this is the wrong step to take initially. Surely allowing two or three households to meet out doors first would let kids see some mates without plunging hundreds or thousands of them into a single building?

I agree it must be hell for some not being able to go out and play with friends. Not only if you are an only child. When I was 8 I had two younger sisters, one 5 and one 3, now That would have been hell. I still think this is the wrong step to take initially. Surely allowing two or three households to meet out doors first would let kids see some mates without plunging hundreds or thousands of them into a single building?

I think like i said back in the early days of covid the government cannot win, i see the labour leader has said something along the lines of he knows Boris is going to be put under pressure from some of his own party to speed this up and that Labour will support him as they don't want lockdown to be eased too quick, that's not something you read every day.

Yeah Mondays figures for everything infectiosn deaths vaccinations are always skewed and Leon is right not much vaccinations are done on a sunday..

I have to say this plan or roadmap does feel a bit more thought out than some of the previous plans.. time will tell but hopefully this will be the last time we are in the situation.

My sons 10 and 12th birthdays (one day apart) 21st and 22nd June so it would be nice to think we could have family around and do a BBQ one weekend close by.. go out for a meal with my girlfriend when neither of us have our kids.. things like that.. I appreciate they are not essential given what we have dealt with but nice to have those moments back again.

My sons 10 and 12th birthdays (one day apart) 21st and 22nd June so it would be nice to think we could have family around and do a BBQ one weekend close by.. go out for a meal with my girlfriend when neither of us have our kids.. things like that.. I appreciate they are not essential given what we have dealt with but nice to have those moments back again.

Yes, it’s my daughters 18th on 5th June 🤞

Best of luck folk over in England, us on the Welsh side are being treated a bit like mushrooms still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back