Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK's coronavirus alert level has been lowered from level five to four in all four nations as the risk that the NHS could be overwhelmed "has receded".
The four UK chief medical officers and NHS England's national medical director agreed the change following advice from the Joint Biosecurity Centre.
The alert level had moved to level five on 4 January, shortly before England and Scotland began fresh lockdowns.
The top medics urged people to "remain vigilant" by following lockdown rules.
A change in the alert level does not automatically mean restrictions can ease, but it helps to inform government decisions on the rules.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon have this week set out their separate plans to lift lockdown restrictions. Northern Ireland and Wales will outline their plans in the coming weeks.
Full article - UK Covid alert level drops as NHS threat 'recedes'

Keep safe guys and girls..we’re not out of the woods..not time to get complacent..most of us (like me has full lockdown since early last year.
I feel for all thsts lost friends and family, but self survival is the key.
We’ll get there...like a fine wine..takes time🤔😉
Bri

Well said Bri.

1614357364671.png

The next stage of the Covid-19 vaccine rollout in the UK has been outlined by government scientists.
Once all the top nine priority groups have been offered at least one jab, it will be given to people according to age group, rather than profession.

Who's next?
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) says the next people to be offered the jab, from around mid-April, will be, in descending order:
  • All those aged 40-49 years
  • All those aged 30-39 years
  • All those aged 18-29 years
The committee decided against giving priority to people in particular jobs, such as teaching, because they said this would be more complex to deliver and might slow down the vaccine programme.
It also urged some groups who are at higher risk of needing hospital treatment from Covid to take up the offer of vaccination promptly:
  • men
  • Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities
  • people with a BMI over 30
  • those living in deprived neighbourhoods

Full article - Covid: When will I get the vaccine?

Police handed out nearly £70,000 in fines after breaking up two parties in one of London's most expensive neighbourhoods.
A total of 70 guests were caught at two parties less than 1,600ft (500m) apart in Mayfair, Westminster, on Sunday morning. Each guest was fined £800.
A 29-year-old man, who organised a party on Green Street, near Hyde Park, was put forward for a £10,000 fine.
Police are still looking for the organiser of the second party.
Insp Kevin Fagan said: "Illegal gatherings like this are irresponsible and put pressure on the emergency services who have to deal with the consequences of these people's selfish actions.
"Despite recent announcements about how and when Covid restrictions may be eased, nothing has changed in terms of the regulations.
"The rules are clear, as should be the message that the police will enforce them where wilful breaches are found to have taken place."
Officers caught 50 party-goers at a flat in Green Street at around 01:00 GMT on Sunday.
While dealing with this incident, police received a call of another illegal gathering taking place at a flat in Brooks Mews.
Officers attended and found 20 people gathered at the property.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56229276

Had my first jab on thursday at my doctors. A very efficient setup they had too.
Alright for 24 hours then had massive joint and muscle pains plus feverish shivvering. Painful shoulder and for some reason my gall bladder was giving me gyp, which is odd as I had it removed last october...

Had my first jab on thursday at my doctors. A very efficient setup they had too.
Alright for 24 hours then had massive joint and muscle pains plus feverish shivvering. Painful shoulder and for some reason my gall bladder was giving me gyp, which is odd as I had it removed last october...
I had a reaction the next day headache, general aches and tiredness but gone the day after.

A coronavirus "variant of concern" first detected in Brazil has now been found in the UK.
Three cases have been detected in England and separately three in Scotland.
In England, officials are still trying to track down one of those who tested positive for the new variant.
Meanwhile the three Scottish residents had flown to north-east Scotland from Brazil via Paris and London, the Scottish government said.
Experts believe this variant (P1) - first detected in travellers to Japan from Manaus in northern Brazil in January - could be more contagious.
There are also concerns vaccines may not be as effective against it - but NHS England's Prof Stephen Powis said vaccines could be "rapidly adapted".
In England, the first two cases are from the same household in South Gloucestershire after someone returned from Brazil on 10 February - five days before the government's hotel quarantine rule came into force.
Two other people in the same household have also since tested positive for Covid - but tests are still ongoing to check if it is the same variant, so they are not included in the overall UK total of six.
Public Health England (PHE) said officials are now tracking down passengers who were on the same flight from Sao Paulo to Heathrow, via Zurich.
The third case identified in England is not linked to the other two cases and the whereabouts of that person are still not known.
PHE said the person did not complete their test registration card so follow-up details are unavailable.
Officials are asking anyone who took a test on 12 or 13 February and who has not received a result or has an uncompleted test registration card to come forward immediately.
Meanwhile, testing is being ramped up in the outskirts of Bristol, with people living in five postcode areas invited to get tested even if they do not have symptoms. The postcodes fall within Bradley Stoke, Patchway and Little Stoke.
Regarding the cases in Scotland, the government said the three people had tested positive while self-isolating.
Other passengers who were on the same flight from London to Aberdeen were now being contacted.

Full article - Covid-19: Brazil 'variant of concern' detected in UK

A coronavirus "variant of concern" first detected in Brazil has now been found in the UK.
Three cases have been detected in England and separately three in Scotland.
In England, officials are still trying to track down one of those who tested positive for the new variant.
Meanwhile the three Scottish residents had flown to north-east Scotland from Brazil via Paris and London, the Scottish government said.
Experts believe this variant (P1) - first detected in travellers to Japan from Manaus in northern Brazil in January - could be more contagious.
There are also concerns vaccines may not be as effective against it - but NHS England's Prof Stephen Powis said vaccines could be "rapidly adapted".
In England, the first two cases are from the same household in South Gloucestershire after someone returned from Brazil on 10 February - five days before the government's hotel quarantine rule came into force.
Two other people in the same household have also since tested positive for Covid - but tests are still ongoing to check if it is the same variant, so they are not included in the overall UK total of six.
Public Health England (PHE) said officials are now tracking down passengers who were on the same flight from Sao Paulo to Heathrow, via Zurich.
The third case identified in England is not linked to the other two cases and the whereabouts of that person are still not known.
PHE said the person did not complete their test registration card so follow-up details are unavailable.
Officials are asking anyone who took a test on 12 or 13 February and who has not received a result or has an uncompleted test registration card to come forward immediately.
Meanwhile, testing is being ramped up in the outskirts of Bristol, with people living in five postcode areas invited to get tested even if they do not have symptoms. The postcodes fall within Bradley Stoke, Patchway and Little Stoke.
Regarding the cases in Scotland, the government said the three people had tested positive while self-isolating.
Other passengers who were on the same flight from London to Aberdeen were now being contacted.

Full article - Covid-19: Brazil 'variant of concern' detected in UK
Why have these people been to Brazil? How can it have been essential for them to go there?

Having a jab of a largely untested vaccine wont prevent or stop you catching it. I often wonder being as the WHO reported 99.7% survival in the U50s.
All manufacturers exempted from ADR claims as well.
Was there a nationwide campain 2017/18..
Nope. There wasnt....
I read with interest that the nhs report to feb 19th 3345 died OF it...

Why have these people been to Brazil? How can it have been essential for them to go there?
They have come from there. From what I have read they returned days before the quarantine hotels came into place, which means they have been here at least 2 weeks.

If you need to ask that question then it shows how conditioned you are imho. Seems you accept just what your tv tells you. Have you read the SI.?
Ive been thru LHR 3 times since last oct without any problems. Tbh whats delivered on your tel lie box is far from whats happening. Its all about keeping up the fear.
Stay safe wash hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back