Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, lovely wife & I had our second Moderna yesterday. With the exception of chills, sore arm, and noticable fatigue, we're not experience side effects.

Of course, all those technicolor bunny rabbits hopping around on the bed, the miniature pink elephants trying to sell me insurance at the front door, and the pterodactyls flying around the building some people might disagree.

Well, lovely wife & I had our second Moderna yesterday. With the exception of chills, sore arm, and noticable fatigue, we're not experience side effects.

Of course, all those technicolor bunny rabbits hopping around on the bed, the miniature pink elephants trying to sell me insurance at the front door, and the pterodactyls flying around the building some people might disagree.
Which country are you in. Only started using them in the uk

My AS jab second one is on 6th may and i have no thoughts of not having it, ok there is a so called minimal risk unproven at this stage but the benefit out weighs the risk, there are people dyeing in the EU because the likes of Macron and VDL trying to make us a scapegoat because of their failings what sad people they are

My AS jab second one is on 6th may and i have no thoughts of not having it, ok there is a so called minimal risk unproven at this stage but the benefit out weighs the risk

My second is in June and unless more serious side effects of having the AZ vaccine come to light i will have no hesitation in getting mine.

The table I posted is the average of the studies and does show 80% less deaths but with very low certainty, the evidence of it not working at all just isn't there. Anyway there isn't much point in this back and forth so please feel free to have the last word on it or just leave it for now.
Do you know what very low certainty means? That’s the evidence that it doesn’t work.
If only small, poorly controlled trials show a positive outcome then why do you think it is worth following up on?
As for it being off-patent so no financial incentive it didn’t stop the NHS trialling steroids as a very cheap life-saver.
Basically without going through each paper a fine tooth comb (which i seriously don’t have the time for) it’s safe to assume that several panels of experts have looked at these and decided they are not worth further investigation. So maybe the experts know something that we don’t - just as they did with hydroxychloroquine which initially showed a 90% survival rate - but only in small trials where patient intake was carefully selected.

The age range had dropped to over 45s in the government website so I've got mine booked for Monday, and the second dose for early July so I should be fully vaccinated before my approaching wedding, which is excellent news, as if we are allowed to travel for our honeymoon, that could be crucial. No idea what jab I'm having :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

People aged 45 or over in England will now be invited to get a Covid jab, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has said.

The vaccination programme would then move on to everyone aged 40 or over "in line with supplies", he added.
Appointments can be made on the NHS booking website, which temporarily crashed on Tuesday morning when it opened up to the new age group.
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon also confirmed over-45s would start to get invites in Scotland this week.
Unlike in England, appointments will be allocated and there are no plans to introduce an online booking service.
In Northern Ireland, people aged 40-45 are eligible to get a Covid vaccine, while in some areas in Wales 40-49 year-olds are being invited.
All over-50s and those in high-risk groups in the UK have been offered a first dose of the vaccine.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned that coronavirus infections and deaths will start to rise again as restrictions were eased.
He said that although the vaccination programme had helped reduce the numbers, "the bulk of the work in reducing the disease has been done by the lockdown" and he urged people to be "cautious".
However, he said he could not see any reason to change England's roadmap out of lockdown.
Mr Johnson added that he was "very confident" about the UK's vaccine supplies.
Ministers have met their target of offering a first dose to the top nine priority groups by 15 April and Mr Hancock said the government was "on track" to offer a vaccine to everyone aged 18 or over by the end of July.
The UK is moving into phase two of the vaccination programme - which involves offering vaccines to healthy adults under the age of 50.
Speaking in the House of Commons, Mr Hancock said more than 40 million doses of vaccines had been delivered across the UK, which he called "a remarkable achievement".
Latest figures show more than 32 million people in the UK have had their first vaccine dose, while more than 7.6 million people are fully vaccinated.
The health secretary also confirmed there would be age-based prioritisation for the rest of the vaccine rollout, based on advice from the Joint Committee of Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
There are an estimated 3.7 million people in England aged 45 to 49.

Full article - Covid: People 45 or over in England invited to book vaccine - BBC News

This is a decent overview of what (little) we know about how a vaccine might cause clots :
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00940-0
And this has some nice graphics on the relative risk of clots versus not taking the vaccine :
https://wintoncentre.maths.cam.ac.u...fits-and-harms-astra-zeneca-covid-19-vaccine/
1618326635005.png

Got the AZ vaccine on Sunday morning. I’m pretty fit and healthy, so went straight to work 60 miles away straight after.

Felt a bit strange, think that was just anxiety, but got on with the days work, apart from a bloody soar arm where they jag you (the jags not bad- just pain after) thinks seemed okay.

Next morning though felt like I had a bad cold, 2 days later today and still feel not great. I never take paracetamol much and if I do it’s only 2 max per day. 2 days now and it’s been 2 every 4 hours. It’s weird, can’t put my finger on it. It’s not the cold or flu, can still drive etc, but just feel abit crappy. Sometimes nausea, sometimes cold, sometimes like a pure whitey. Seems to be getting better though.

Anyways, just wanted to share as I don’t think a lot of people realise that’s it’s common to feel rubbish for a few days after the vaccine.

SWMBO had her second AZ jab a couple of days ago, she had no side effects at all from the first but the second was the opposite, the next day she had a really sore arm, she felt like she had a really bad cold and kept going hot and cold accompanied by a headache it only lasted a couple of days but it floored her and she is not the sort that moans, i am keeping my fingers crossed mine isn't the same having had no effects at all from the first first AZ jab.

SWMBO had her second AZ jab a couple of days ago, she had no side effects at all from the first but the second was the opposite, the next day she had a really sore arm, she felt like she had a really bad cold and kept going hot and cold accompanied by a headache it only lasted a couple of days but it floored her and she is not the sort that moans, i am keeping my fingers crossed mine isn't the same having had no effects at all from the first first AZ jab.
It's normally the 1st az has more side effects whereas with the Pfizer its the other way round. Source either Dr J campbell or zoe app chap.

We had ours, Donni suffered for days, I didn't have anything. Luck of the draw I guess.
Can't be 'luck of the draw', since everything's a conspiracy. Side effects are there result of a social-scientific study to see how illness can separate people and to extend the "will it happen to me" ego-centric worriers concerns to the next election cycle. 🤫. But don't tell anybody. It's the secret of the space aliens. 🤪. (now who's got my aluminum foil hat?)

Can't be 'luck of the draw', since everything's a conspiracy. Side effects are there result of a social-scientific study to see how illness can separate people and to extend the "will it happen to me" ego-centric worriers concerns to the next election cycle. 🤫. But don't tell anybody. It's the secret of the space aliens. 🤪. (now who's got my aluminum foil hat?)
:laugh8:

1618589492284.png

One in six UK adults are now fully vaccinated against Covid, with more than two million second doses given in the past week, according to the latest figures.

As we reported a little earlier, more than 8.9 million people have now received both doses - the equivalent of 17.0% of the adult population.

Breaking that down by nation, Wales is estimated to have given two doses to nearly a quarter of adults at 22.8%. In Northern Ireland it stands at 17.2%, in England it's 16.8% and in Scotland it's 15.5%.

The figures are for vaccinations reported by the UK's health agencies up to 15 April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back