Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1620667517060.png

Also, if you look more in depth at the figures for the Seychelles, most cases are in people who haven't been vaccinated yet, or have only just been vaccinated. I'll try and dig out the link
You may well be right as I don't know what to believe but that says a third of those deaths were double vaccine dosed with the Chinese one so who knows.

It does appear that the vaccine is working well here for the current strains we have at least anyway

Has my second AstraZeneca at 3.30 was 5 mins late due to flat tyre but was in and out in 5 mins and can't even feel where it was in my arm.

Around a million text messages are being sent to 38 and 39-year-olds in England, inviting them to book an appointment for a Covid vaccine.

Booking will open from 07:00 on Thursday on the NHS website.

Pregnant women will be directed to centres offering Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, NHS England says.

Nearly three-quarters of people in their 40s have had one dose, while a third of all adults have had two doses.

In line with guidance from the UK's vaccines committee last week, NHS England said people 39 and under without an underlying health condition would be offered the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, as an alternative to AstraZeneca.

The decision came after a review found younger people had a slightly higher risk of an extremely rare blood clot after receiving a first dose of the AZ vaccine.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) said adults aged 18-39 could be offered an alternative "if available, and if it does not cause delays in having the vaccine".

The committee advised that pregnant women should be offered the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines where available, at the same time as other people their age get one, because data on these jabs had not raised any safety concerns.

But pregnant women have complained that booking an appointment to get those vaccines was a struggle.

There is currently a lack of data on the AstraZeneca vaccine in pregnancy - but this could change in the future.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said: "I urge everybody to get the vaccine as soon as they are eligible to protect yourself and your loved ones."

People can book their appointment at a vaccination centre, pharmacy or GP site available through the national booking service.

Text invitations will appear as an alert from 'NHSvaccine' and include a link to the NHS website.

Those who cannot go online can call the service on 119 to book a jab.

Covid jabs offer to 38 and 39-year-olds in England - BBC News

With the news that the so called Indian variant of COVID has doubled in the last week in the UK.

Should the government postpone Mondays opening up, or should they ignore it?

Threads merged C_T

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mixed views on this I can still remember last Summer where we saw significant easing only for COVID cases to start to creep up again only to surge and well we ended up in a second and the third lock down.

Of course I appreciate the hope that the vaccine will make a difference on transmission, hospitalisation and death, and fingers crossed we will avoid a repeat of last year.

This is basically a long way of saying dammed if I know but I must admit the past year has made me pretty pessimistic with the general feeling that yes it can get worse.

Problem is we aren't going to know the effects of easing the lockdown without easing the lockdown. And if we don't then everybody gets restless and starts asking questions as to why the restrictions are not being eased when the infection rate is so low. I'm sure the government will be prepared to reverse easing if things don't go so well.

My gut feeling and based on last summer is that we will largely get our freedom back, the infection rate will stay low in part due to the vaccine but also because we spend a lot more time outdoors in the summer. It's next autumn / winter where it will get interesting especially as any new mutations arrive on these shores. Maybe it will stay stable, maybe we'll all get a booster vaccine modified for the new strains, or it could just spiral again and we end up in another lockdown. Just hope that it doesn't come to that.

Individuals should use reasoned judgement to decide what is appropriate to do in this still highly dangerous time and accept responsibility for the consequences of their own actions.

There are too many idiots out there who have been flying all over the world, going to parties, congregating in large groups etc.

The problem for any government is trying to make restrictions 'idiot proof', because as we all know, you should never underestimate the ingenuity of idiots.

If we can't relax measures next week when can we? We are not in a situation when our hospitals could be overwhelmed so why has the government still got the power to infringe on our most basic human rights?

I was chatting with a hospital respiratory consultant at work about this recently. They were suggesting that problems of delayed treatments for other things are now more pressing than Covid itself and that they anticipate a further wave(s) of Covid but need to plan around it and deal with it as a continuing seasonal problem, with the vaccines mitigating against the worst of the Covid morbidity which is what has previously been putting so much pressure on the hospitals.

Think of all the pubs that will now have cellars full of fresh cask ale ready to dispense on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back