Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1621445566221.png

Scotland are obviously now in the under 40s because Mrs Dundee and I (both 36) got our blue envelopes today.

I am almost 64 and with a raft of health complications such a diabetes and other issues and live in Scotland,
I receive my First jab this coming Saturday.

I am almost 64 and with a raft of health complications such a diabetes and other issues and live in Scotland,
I receive my First jab this coming Saturday.
Where about a in Scotland are you? I didn’t think anywhere was so far behind.

Its my own fault MickDundee I made the mistake of moving home near the start of the first lockdown.
I had to move or lose the offer.
Since I don't drive I lost contact with my old GP surgery.
Worse I lost about three grands worth of belongings because I was not allowed to be present at the clear out of my old flat.

I am near Dingwall in the highlands.I have in fact been in virtual self isolation for about a year now.

Lesson to self:> Dont move during a pandemic lockdown.

Last edited:
People aged 32 and 33 in England are now being invited to book their first dose of the coronavirus vaccine.
The NHS opened bookings to about one million people on Saturday morning.
It comes as surge testing is being rolled out in North Tyneside and parts of west London affected by the variant first found in India.
Rochdale has becomes the latest area to offer jabs to anyone over the age of 18 in an attempt to prevent cases spiralling further.
Andrea Fallon, Rochdale's director of public health, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the town was following the official advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation to deal with priority groups first - but said 16,000 residents had still not come forward for a jab.
She said: "Once the virus gets into our communities it will take hold very quickly.... myself and our senior team have been working really closely with regional colleagues to put in place this surge vaccination programme this weekend."
Meanwhile, Germany has announced that anyone arriving from the UK will have to quarantine for two weeks. German officials said the decision was related to the spread of the Indian Covid variant.
The variant - also known as B.1.617.2 - is responsible for the majority of new cases in pockets of England.
Bolton continues to be the worst affected area with 385 cases per 100,000 people.
People aged over 18 in parts of neighbouring Manchester are also being urged to book vaccinations, with council leader Sir Richard Leese suggesting current cases were being driven by those in younger, unvaccinated age groups.
Meanwhile, people in North Tyneside are being urged to get tested amid a rise in cases linked to the variant. Two extra mobile testing units in North Shields and Wallsend opened on Saturday.
Wider surge testing is also being rolled out in Ealing, Hillingdon, Brent, Harrow and Hounslow. It will target secondary schools in the five boroughs and PCR tests will be offered to everyone else in the area who do not have any symptoms.

Full article - Covid vaccine: 32 and 33-year-olds in England now invited to book

1621687639455.png

I got my second yesterday. I had covid last July, the first shot was really like my second. First didn't bother me but yesterday's is kicking my butt today. Arm is sore down to the elbow then the soreness runs up into my neck and around the back of my shoulder. On top of this I'm just wiped out.

My wife and myself had our 2nd jabs the week before last I'm glad to say. Wife had very sore arm, prolonged lethargy and headache. I had a sore arm that was fine 24 hours later, 12 hours of lethargy, but it triggered my cluster migraine... My headache still cleared up before my wife's did though. As to the first, I barely felt it, my wife had a sore arm for weeks. lol

Had my second jab (AZ) last week; sore arm and slightly tired the following day so absolutely no big deal.
I'd encourage anyone to get it done as soon as possible - I had an appointment booked in June, but I just did a 'walk in' at the local centre and they did it on the spot - no queue, no hassle, job done.
I have been genuinely surprised that some people I know have been a bit undecided as to whether to have the vaccine - just goes to show that we are all different; but my personal feeling is that it's a bit like a civic duty?

I had no side effects whatsoever when i had the first jab but it would seem more are getting them from the second, i am having the second on a Saturday so decided to take a couple of days annual leave just in case.

I had a slight reaction to the first jab but none to the second. My wife had no reaction to either.

Covid: Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs effective against Indian variant - study
By Dulcie Lee
BBC News

Published 6 minutes ago

The Pfizer and AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccines are highly effective against the variant identified in India after two doses, a study has found.

Two jabs of either vaccine give a similar level of protection against symptomatic disease from the Indian variant as they do for the Kent one.
However, both vaccines were only 33% effective against the Indian variant three weeks after the first dose.
This compared with 50% effectiveness against the Kent variant.
Public Health England, which ran the study, said the vaccines are likely to be even more effective at preventing hospital admission and deaths.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the findings made him "increasingly confident" the final stage of easing restrictions in England could take place on 21 June.
The data showed getting both doses of the vaccine was "absolutely vital", he added.

'Real-world evidence'
The Pfizer vaccine was found to be 88% effective at stopping symptomatic disease from the Indian variant two weeks after the second dose, compared with 93% effectiveness against the Kent variant.
The AstraZeneca jab was 60% effective against the Indian variant, compared with 66% against the Kent variant.
Public Health England (PHE) said the difference in effectiveness between the vaccines after two doses might be explained by the fact that rollout of second doses of AstraZeneca was later than for the Pfizer vaccine, which was approved first.
Other data shows it takes longer to reach maximum effectiveness with the AstraZeneca vaccine, PHE said.
Some 12,675 genome-sequenced cases were included in the study, which took place between 5 April and 16 May. Only 1,054 of those cases were of the Indian variant, known as B.1.617.2.
Dr Jenny Harries told the Andrew Marr Show the study was "very good news".
The chief executive of the UK Health Security Agency said the study is the "first real-world evidence of vaccine effectiveness" against the variant.
Asked about the discrepancy between the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccine results, she said a key factor to consider was that the "different vaccines were given to slightly different groups of people".
"The Pfizer vaccine was rolled out initially, because it had to be kept at ultra-low temperatures, to - for example - healthcare workers, who tended to be younger," she said.
"This is an all-age study. Whereas AstraZeneca went out to older groups of individuals who were unable to come into main centres."

Full article Covid: Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs effective against Indian variant - study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back