Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son was sent home from work 10 minutes ago because one of his mates has tested positive and test and trace have contacted him, he told us he wasn't in close contact with the person and as he had his first jab a few weeks ago that should help, SWMBO and myself have both had our two jabs so according to the new rules even if he does go on to get it we do not have to isolate unless we later show signs.

I thought we had put this behind us having gone through it with his girlfriends family a few months ago we have had the vaccine and have followed the rules, wearing masks and staying away from people etc and here we are again fingers crossed he doesn't go on to show symptoms, he has not rang again so i assume the test was negative.

When they end the forced wearing of masks we are going to go into a very dark place as i predicted in another post we will be back in lockdown before Christmas maybe not a full one but i have a feeling all of us will be effected at some stage.

Last edited:
My son was sent home from work 10 minutes ago because one of his mates has tested positive and test and trace have contacted him, he told us he wasn't in close contact with the person and as he had his first jab a few weeks ago that should help, SWMBO and myself have both had our two jabs so according to the new rules even if he does go on to get it we do not have to isolate unless we later show signs.

I thought we had put this behind us having gone through it with his girlfriends family a few months ago we have had the vaccine and have followed the rules, wearing masks and staying away from people etc and here we are again fingers crossed he doesn't go on to show symptoms, he has not rang again so i assume the test was negative.

When they end the forced wearing of masks we are going to go into a very dark place as i predicted in another post we will be back in lockdown before Christmas maybe not a full one but i have a feeling all of us will be effected at some stage.

I believe although I am sure someone is going to correct me but the rules on isolation do not change until August 16th. Provided you have had two vaccinations people do not have to isolate on a "close contact".

Saying that I am inclined to suspect people who have not or are not willing to have both jabs may not be as inclined to isolate anyway.. But I guess that is me being cynical

I believe although I am sure someone is going to correct me but the rules on isolation do not change until August 16th. Provided you have had two vaccinations people do not have to isolate on a "close contact".

Saying that I am inclined to suspect people who have not or are not willing to have both jabs may not be as inclined to isolate anyway.. But I guess that is me being cynical
That’s my understanding too, but I’ve also heard this week that medical personnel who have been in contact with a positive case can continue to work after a negative test but cannot go out in public.
It’s a trial which is undoubtedly to keep absence to a minimum during holiday season now that the third wave is well underway.

5 live this morning reporting people being pinged many days after being near the person who had it people are now turning Bluetooth off and are ignoring messages etc, it's also abvisoty to isolate not law which I didn't know.

More than 50,000 daily coronavirus cases have been reported in the UK for the first time since mid-January. (BBC NEWS)

There were 51,870 cases recorded - the highest figure since 15 January - and 49 deaths within 28 days of a positive test.
From Monday, lockdown rules will end in England - although some guidance will remain.
Earlier, England's chief medical officer warned hospital admissions could hit "scary numbers".
Prof Chris Whitty said the number of people in hospital with Covid was doubling roughly every three weeks.
The UK is "not out of the woods yet" and people should act with caution as restrictions are eased on Monday, he added.
The highest number of daily cases the UK has recorded so far is 68,053 on 8 January.
Health Secretary Sajid Javid had previously warned case numbers could reach 50,000 a day by 19 July, when rules in England are lifted.

Meanwhile, separate Office for National Statistics data suggests Covid infections have risen again in much of the UK.
Latest figures from swab tests in the community suggest in England one in every 95 people has the virus - up from one in 160 in the previous week.
In Scotland, one in every 90 people is estimated to be infected, while in Northern Ireland it is one in 290 and in Wales one in 360.
The more infectious Delta variant accounts for almost every case.
It is estimated that just over 650,000 people, or 1% of the population in the UK, would have tested positive for coronavirus in the week to 10 July - up from 400,000 people the previous week.
The ONS says the percentage of people testing positive has "continued to increase" in England and Scotland, whereas the "trend is uncertain" in Wales and Northern Ireland.

1626449306387.png

Passing 50,000 cases a day feels like a worrying landmark, but is it?
We were last at those levels around the peak of the second wave in January, when it took a tough lockdown to prevent hospitals buckling.
But now more fuel is being thrown on the fire as restrictions ease in England and Scotland on Monday, and Wales on Saturday.
Cases will go even higher. How high? Nobody knows for sure.
Letting this happen is possible only because vaccines have transformed the danger posed by a summer wave. Without them, we'd be debating locking down.
Yet vaccines have not eliminated the Covid threat.
Letting the virus spread could still put pressure on hospitals, leave people with long Covid and be hugely disruptive as large numbers of people need to isolate.
Reaching 50,000 daily cases doesn't mean the same as it did six months ago, but doesn't mean it will be smooth sailing.

Also, today 87.6% of the adult population have had at least one jab. It follows that in 8 weeks, supplies allowing, they will have had two, and 2 weeks later be well protected.

Given the amount of people getting asymptotic infection, we should be in a pretty good place come the return to school with borderline herd immunity.

Also, today 87.6% of the adult population have had at least one jab. It follows that in 8 weeks, supplies allowing, they will have had two, and 2 weeks later be well protected.

Given the amount of people getting asymptotic infection, we should be in a pretty good place come the return to school with borderline herd immunity.

The virus can't tell the difference between under/over-18's, so the % of adults that have been jabbed is pretty meaningless. What matters is the % of the total population, which is still <70%. And for that to be enough to stop the virus, the percentage of unjabbed people has to be less than 1/R, but R for delta is estimated at 5-6. And then you have to knock that threshold down a bit to allow for the jab not giving 100% protection (although fortunately not by much) In other words, even if every single adult was double-vaccinated-plus-2-weeks, it's still not enough to stop this thing, we need to start jabbing teenagers asap - Israel has even started jabbing the under-12's.

And I wouldn't rely on the immunity from infection, it's not as good as the immunity you get from vaccines; one study estimated Manaus was at 76% with antibodies last October, and it didn't stop them having a horrific 2nd wave in January/February driven by the appearance of P1/Gamma.

And that's not to mention the effects of 10-15% of infectees getting long Covid, nor of the effect on hospitals - we've now got as many people on ventilators as when tiers came in last October, and no plan in place to reduce that number.

I was in Lidl today and I asked the guy on checkout what they are doing about mask wearing next week. He said they will continue to get people to wear mask and he was happy for it as he looked in his early 20’s and will not have had two jabs. Whether this is true for all Lidl stores and whether it is policeable is the question.

I was in Lidl today and I asked the guy on checkout what they are doing about mask wearing next week. He said they will continue to get people to wear mask and he was happy for it as he looked in his early 20’s and will not have had two jabs. Whether this is true for all Lidl stores and whether it is policeable is the question.

The problem is they cannot make customers wear them and its unfair on staff who are not security to try to make them wear them.

All stores. Seen it on their app earlier.

Chap works with me isolated for 10 days as did his Mrs as their daughter had covid...they all stayed in,they all have the app, he was pinged on his last day saying he needed to stay in...his Mrs and daughter were not...

Health Secretary Sajid Javid tests positive for Covid

Mr Javid, who said he had received both vaccine doses, took a lateral flow test after feeling a "bit groggy" on Friday night and it came back positive.
He said he is now self-isolating with family at home until he gets the results of a PCR test.
On Friday, the UK recorded more than 50,000 daily cases for the first time since mid-January.
Mr Javid replaced Matt Hancock as health secretary less than three weeks ago after his predecessor resigned for breaking social distancing guidelines.
In a video posted on his Twitter feed, Mr Javid said: "I was feeling a bit groggy last night, so I took a lateral flow test this morning and it's come out positive, so I'm now self-isolating at home with my family until i get the results of a PCR test.
"I'm grateful that I've had two jabs of the vaccine and so far my symptoms are very mild."
He urged people who had not been vaccinated yet to "get out there and get them as soon as you can".
Mr Javid also said people who feel groggy or come into contact with someone who is positive should take a lateral flow test.
"If everyone plays their part, you're not only protecting yourself and your loved ones but you're also safeguarding the NHS and helping to preserve our way of life," the health secretary added.

From Monday, lockdown rules will end in England - although some guidance will remain.
There were 51,870 cases recorded - the highest figure since 15 January - and 49 deaths within 28 days of a positive test.
Earlier, Jeremy Hunt, the chairman of Commons health select committee, warned there is a danger that England may have to go back into lockdown in the autumn if hospitalisation rates continue to increase through the summer.
Mr Hunt said the warning light for the NHS was "flashing red", and people's behaviour when restrictions ended on Monday would be key.
He said he supported the government's more cautious approach, including keeping the 10-day quarantine rule for all people returning from France when it is to be lifted for all other amber list countries.

I just received a text I’m 99% sure is a scam. The NHS would use the nhs.uk domain and more likely this would be on the gov.uk domain. This particular domain was registered yesterday to a web hosting company. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 51048
100% scam. The NHS Covid certification is available through the NHS app (not the track and trace one, the other one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back