Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1627320987760.png

Why does he want to be vaccinated asap when he's effectively immunised already?

If only it was that simple.

Infection doesn’t guarantee future immunity, our immune systems are not 100% efficient. Your body can fight off an infection quite well without ever developing neutralising antibodies or any long-term immunity response involving B or T cells.

Some interesting reading here, but there is plenty of research to show that infection plus vaccination is producing a strong immune response in many people.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01609-4
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01557-z

How old do you have to be, to be considered as an old fart?

My birthday is in November, and I’m wondering if going for a booster jab will be valid reason for leaving your house during the next lockdown.

Covid: UK cases fall for seventh day in a row
By Jennifer Meierhans & Lauren Turner
BBC News

The daily number of Covid cases recorded in the UK has fallen for a seventh day in a row, to 23,511.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson earlier urged people to "remain cautious" and not jump to "premature conclusions" about the falling numbers.
There were also a further 131 deaths reported within 28 days of a positive test, the highest number since March.
Public Health England said this showed the pandemic was "not over yet" and urged people to still take precautions.
Its medical director Dr Yvonne Doyle said people should get both vaccine doses, meet outside, isolate if told to by NHS Test and Trace and limit contacts.
She said the number of deaths was "in part due to the high number of cases recorded in recent weeks", with the latest figures highlighting "we are still in the third wave".
The cases figure is a fall of 23,047 from Tuesday last week, when there were 46,588 new cases.

Mr Johnson, speaking before the latest figures were released, said: "It's very, very important that we don't allow ourselves to run away with premature conclusions about this.
"Step four of the opening-up only took place a few days ago. People have got to remain very cautious, and that remains the approach of the government."
Mr Johnson, who was at Surrey Police HQ in Guildford on his first visit after self-isolating for 10 days, acknowledged frustration over the vast number of people being pinged by the NHS app and being told to quarantine.
"I totally understand that, particularly now as we're starting to see some better figures," he said. "But I think everybody understands that this is still a very dangerous disease.
"We do need to use the tools that we have. Self-isolation is the one that we've got. I urge people to do it."

Full Article Covid: UK cases fall for seventh day in a row - BBC News

1627414859911.png

1627414896737.png

People who have been fully vaccinated in the EU or US will not need to isolate when coming to England from an amber list country.
The change will come into force at 04:00 BST on Monday.
Currently, only people who received their jabs in the UK can avoid quarantine when arriving from amber list countries, except France.
The government said the rule change would help to reunite family and friends whose loved ones live abroad.
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said it would apply to people who have been fully vaccinated with a jab approved by the EU or US.
Travellers will still need to take a Covid test pre-departure and a PCR test on the second day after they arrive.
It come as a further 27,734 cases were reported in the UK, bringing to an end a seven-day run of falling case numbers. Wednesday's case figure was, however, down significantly from a week ago, when 44,104 cases were reported.
A further 91 deaths within 28 days of a positive test were also reported.

At-a-glance: latest changes
  • People fully-jabbed in the EU or US will not need to isolate when coming to England from an amber list country
  • The change is introduced from 04:00 BST on Monday
  • Travellers will still take a pre-departure test, and a PCR test on or before day two after arrival
  • They will need to have taken a vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency, or US Food and Drug Administration
  • International cruises can depart from England once more, with new guidance
Full article - Covid: No quarantine for fully jabbed US and EU travellers to England - BBC News

Around 60,000 deaths have been prevented in England as a result of the Covid vaccine programme, the deputy chief medical officer has said.
Prof Jonathan Van-Tam said an estimated 22 million cases have also been stopped - a "truly massive" success.
His comments came in a special programme with Radio 1 Newsbeat listeners, including some who are worried about getting a jab.
He said the more people get a jab, the less likely more lockdowns are.

The chances of another lockdown will be "much lower" if a higher proportion of the population, including 18-25-year-olds, get their jabs, he said.
Nearly a third of young adults in England - about 2.7 million - have not had a first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, NHS England figures show.
Some 68.1% of people aged 18 to 29 had received a first dose by 25 July, according to estimates, meaning 31.9% are likely to not be jabbed.

Prof Van-Tam also said he can't know yet if there will be a fourth wave of Covid infections in the UK.
He disputed a claim made to a newspaper by a senior minister earlier this week that Covid was "all over bar the shouting", after a recent sharp drop in cases.
Prof Van-Tam said: "I wish it were so. This is not 'all over bar the shouting'.
"I hope the worst is behind us but I think it's quite possible that we're going to have one or two bumpy periods in the autumn and in the winter, not only through Covid, but also through flu and other respiratory viruses as well."
The estimate of 60,000 deaths avoided because of the vaccine, mentioned by Prof Van-Tam, comes from Public Health England (PHE), and was published shortly after he shared it with Newsbeat.

Full Article - Covid vaccines have prevented 60,000 deaths in England - Jonathan Van-Tam - BBC News

1627579714500.png

Thanks DoJ.

Looks like it may be a while yet the figures in my last post look a long way off us all being vaccinated.

I have this theory that is yet to be proven/disproven that at this time of the year we're running on old stocks as the tweaked versions are been made. However the tweaking for our winter boosters is more likely to be for the kent variant rather than the delta. I base this on the fact that it take around 6 months to tweak. So if they're are ramping up tweaked versions for the winter the delta tweak isn't ready yet. asad1

The NHS Covid-19 app in England and Wales is being tweaked so fewer contacts will be advised to self-isolate following a close contact with a positive case.
The app will look for contacts two days prior, rather than five, when someone without symptoms tests positive.
Health Secretary Sajid Javid said it will reduce self-isolation disruption and protect those at risk.
The government is urging the public to continue using the app.
It comes as the UK recorded another 21,952 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, compared to 24,950 cases last Monday.
Another 24 deaths within 28 days of a positive test were reported, higher than the 14 recorded on the same day last week.
The number of Covid patients currently in hospital, a key metric seen as signalling the impact of lockdown easing, has dropped back below 6,000 in the most-recent figures.

Scientists have estimated the app prevented up to 2,000 cases per day in the three weeks to 21 July when the number of self-isolation alerts - known as "pings" - rose by over 70,000 to a new record of 689,313.
And their analysis, which assumed 60% compliance with instructions to self-isolate, showed another 50,000 Covid cases were prevented by including chains of transmission.
This was estimated to have prevented 1,600 hospitalisations, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said.
It said the app reduced the spread of Covid-19 by around 4.3% each week. And for every 200 to 250 tests entered and shared in the app, one person is prevented from being hospitalised from the virus.

Full article - NHS Covid-19 app in England and Wales tweaked to notify fewer contacts - BBC News

Almost all of Scotland's remaining Covid-19 restrictions are to end from 9 August, Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed.
Social distancing will be dropped in most settings, meaning more capacity in pubs and restaurants and larger crowds at sporting events and concerts.
And close contacts of those who test positive for Covid will no longer have to self-isolate - as long as they are fully vaccinated and test negative.
However, the wearing of face coverings in some public spaces will continue.
This will include secondary schools, where staff will need to maintain 1m physical distancing for the first six weeks of term and twice-weekly testing will be required.
The first minister also said a "gradual approach" will be taken to returning workers to offices, warning that the virus still poses "real challenges".
While the changes would restore a "substantial degree of normality", she said they do not "signal the end of the pandemic or a return to life exactly as we knew it".
She said: "Declaring freedom from or victory over this virus is in my view premature."
The number of new Covid-19 cases has fallen markedly from the peak of the "third wave", with Ms Sturgeon saying the infection rate had fallen by two-thirds since early July.

BBC news Covid in Scotland: Most restrictions to end from 9 August - BBC News

I stopped watching at 49 seconds when he said freedom has won and covid will now be recognised as a mild flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back