Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No system will be perfect. I have done 3 festivals, tested ourselves as requested before each one. No one checked but I had some peace of mind that I was not a spreader.
Re stats, guess the only reliable one is how many people require hospitalisation.

The measures to mitigate spread because of carelessness?

It doesn’t really bother me, but if you’re going to have a system in place to protect people, you’d think it might actually be run properly. This was not a pub - it was an established concert venue and they honestly couldn’t give a toss whether you were negative/positive or had a valid covid pass or not. It’s absolute box ticking and I’ve heard other people who are experiencing the same elsewhere, in which case, the whole thing is a waste of time. I’m at the Roundhouse in London this Saturday and Sunday - it will be interesting to see if things are any different.

system in place to protect

It only bothers me in that, that kind of lack of attention to detail will drag this out interminably.
My wife and I both do our part (as do many others) but there are just too many millions here who don't.

We've been steering clear of big events basically because we don't trust venue runners or goers (more or less what you mentioned).
It leaves us with no personal hardships since the activities we like to do don't involve bigger crowds.

It would be nice if that first encounter you had is the anomaly, not the norm.

People need money so they really don't care if u have the jab or not its all about cash flow now

Howzabout Plan Gunge - turn off the televitz device, internet and radio, and don't read 'newspapers'? Covid will be cured within a week - guaranteed. And climate change too, for that matter.
I think u think u know some serious stuff

In the US, COVID-19 statistical reporting is politically motivated and/or handled ineptly and so you get irregular (not realistic) representations of the actual situation. I have read that our US numbers, even in situations with good intentions, are greatly underreported. So I can only imagine what places like Florida are doing to cook the books (early on that state's governor went after a lady who was honestly reporting statistics).
The conservative party's focus in the US is only on being toxic and achieving or holding power above all else (such as doing what's best for all) despite being a clear minority.

Do you have a similar problem with getting accurate COVID statistics in the UK?
well the uk gov have not updated the covid symptom list to reflect the the top symptoms of delta. weather this is incompetence of deliberate I can't say :confused.:
there are surely more cases going unreported due to this.

Ye I know... we've still got the Windsors.

That's treasonous talk.

I doubt her family read the forum ;)

1631962613712.png

This one is even better... the more folk are 'vaccinated' against C19, the more infections there is! Ya - you couldn't make that one up, but someone has.

Spot on. 164 new deaths from Astra Zenica today.
Social distancing is the only way to avoid catching the vaccine, but the Gov't (like the complete bunch of numpties they are) have said it's no longer necessary. You couldn't make that up either

Spot on. 164 new deaths from Astra Zenica today.
Social distancing is the only way to avoid catching the vaccine, but the Gov't (like the complete bunch of numpties they are) have said it's no longer necessary. You couldn't make that up either

Like me, the missus won't have 'the jab', as she has a history of vascular problems. But she's still well up on the hands / face / space malarky. Not necessarily for C19 but just to avoid pathogens in general. That's fine but seeing as I couldn't give a toss she's quite likely to catch anything that I might pick up. Meanwhile, just drove thru' town again from shopping and it's a seething mass of sweaty, inebriated bods in very close contact. But if they've all been jabbed, no problem, right?

Just back in from seeing Frank Turner at the Roundhouse in Camden. It was worse than de Montford Hall in Leicester on Thursday evening. Didn’t ask for a covid pass or proof of a negative test, despite the website saying it’s a condition of entry. Hall was packed and not a mask in sight. Most people on the train and Underground didn’t bother either. I think it’s over in people’s minds.

I think it’s over in people’s minds.

This is the problem, its not in the news every time you turn it on or on the front of the papers so people think its all back to normal.

But if they've all been jabbed, no problem, right?

As the figures show close contact even for those vaccinated doesn't guarantee it wont spread Covid is not going to go away its going to mutate and spread we are going to have to live with it and keep getting the booster along with the Flu jab for all the olds.

There have been 7.4 million confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK and more than 135,000 people have died, government figures show.
However, these figures include only people who have died within 28 days of testing positive for coronavirus.
So far, more than 89% of people aged 16 and over in the UK have had their first dose of a coronavirus vaccine and nearly 82% have had their second.

Daily cases remain high
After falling at the end of July, the average number of daily confirmed cases climbed again in August and early September but have started to ease off again.
A further 30,144 confirmed cases were announced on Saturday.
The recent rise in cases has been driven by the Delta variant, which spreads faster than the previously most common Kent variant (now named Alpha).
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said the virus "still remains a risk" but that he was "confident we can protect the gains we've made together".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
1632050999148.png

1632051017147.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back