Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that it’s only natural that being the oldest contributor to this forum made me one of the first to get a booster jab last Thursday. Booked on line, the nearest vaccination centre was over 10 miles away, so I chose a time and turned up at Plymouth Albion Rugby ground to find a queue reminiscent of an airport customs check, snaking back and forth and out the door! Luckily there was a loo there as it was almost an hour before I was allowed out.

Ive just been asked if I want the Flu Jab next week. Strange, since no one had died of flu for two years

Numbers dying of flu were going to be greatly reduced because of:
Reduced social contact
Improved hygiene with hand washing
Reduced transmission due to masks

Nothing to do with "it's called Covid, these days". Two different viruses which can be controlled in similar ways.

12 year old had the vaccine, it made him really ill for few days.. even made him wet the bed. Something he never even did when he did potty training at 3 😖

On the whole subject of this, how's everyone who has had it found the booster jab? work colleges wife has had it along with the flu jab and it has made her ill for over a week now. She is still not better long covid like symptoms from the booster.

On the whole subject of this, how's everyone who has had it found the booster jab?

My 92 year old Mum's had it.
No problems at all.
She had none from Jabs 1&2 either.

PS All Pfizer

Last edited:
She is still not better long covid like symptoms from the booster.
That's terrible having to see a kid go through that.
And hopefully the person with a week of symptoms is at the tag end of it.

My wife and I, and anyone we know well, had a reaction ranging from minor to about a day or two worth of suckiness.
I haven't been sick enough worth mentioning in twelve years, colds (if that what they were) didn't last beyond 24 hours and no fever; but I certainly felt ill for a little over a day after the second Moderna shot. I had that fever break thing where I started sweating for some hours and then felt back to normal afterward.

1634481026070.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back