CR7 return to OT

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
What do the football fans on here make of Ronaldo proposed return to United. The history is favourable. It worked with
Larrson
Ibrahimovic
Cavani

So why not CR7?

I read that he may be returning to United i was gobsmacked when i read this -

Cristiano Ronaldo has told Juventus he wants to leave, according to the Italian club's coach Massimiliano Allegri.

The 36-year-old has been rumoured to be moving to Manchester City, who missed out on Tottenham forward Harry Kane in this summer's transfer window.

The Portuguese footballer, who has won the Ballon D'Or five times, has indicated that he feels his future lies elsewhere, with Juventus reported to be seeking around £25million for his transfer.

Any move to City would be hugely controversial given his history with rivals Manchester United, who he played for between 2003 and 2009.

Manchester City are no longer seeking to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

According to reports, City were offered Ronaldo but they have taken the decision not to pursue the player.

He had been rumoured to be moving to the team after they missed out on Tottenham forward Harry Kane in this summer's transfer window.

But at 36 years old, Ronaldo is not of the age profile of player the champions are wishing to recruit and nor do they feel he would fit into manager Pep Guardiola's preferred style of play.

New reports suggest he is now in fresh talks to make a return to his former club Manchester United.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that midfielder Bruno Fernandes has been talking to Ronaldo and that their former star "knows that we're here".

Manchester City will not pursue Ronaldo signing but United reportedly in fresh talks with player | ITV News Granada

Its a done deal -

Manchester United have confirmed they have reached an agreement to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus.
United said the deal for the 36-year-old five-time Ballon d'Or winner was subject to personal terms, visa and a medical.
Ronaldo scored 118 goals in 292 games in his first spell at Old Trafford before leaving for Real Madrid in 2009.

BBC Sport.

I would have taken Ronaldo at 36 he will score plenty of goals for united, as for Grealish being a waste of money he has already helped us to a 5-0 win ;)

Who do you support and would you have bought either had your club had the funds to spend this kind of money?

Last edited:
Even if Ronaldo was on a free, the wages for a 36 year old that won't score enough goals to justify that money is ridiculous in my opinion, not many clubs that could even entertain that financial outlay.... I'm afraid it's a case of reputation blinding common sense. I suspect he'll spend the majority of his swansong injured, due to the pace and intensity of the premier league.
As for Grealish, he's a good player but so monumentally overrated, I'm actually surprised he's got a game, I'm sure he'll score a few better than the bundled rebound..... But £100 mil, come on it's just madness and money you'll never recoup, but as long as the oil keeps gushing eh!
Just my opinionacheers.

I'm sure he'll score a few better than the bundled rebound..
He had to be in the right place to bundle the rebound and they all count however they go in! ;)

I'm actually surprised he's got a game
I am actually surprised you were surprised!

But £100 mil, come on it's just madness and money you'll never recoup, but as long as the oil keeps gushing eh!
And there we have it the usual bitterness over the money - I notice you never answered my "Who do you support" question in my last post, care to share?

To put this into context a club paid £89 Million for a player in 2016, £70+ million in 2017/2018 and £97-£100 million in 2021.

10. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea in 2020) – £71million

9. Kepa Arrizabalaga (Athletic Bilbao to Chelsea in 2018) – £71million

8. Nicolas Pepe (Lille to Arsenal in 2019) – £72million

7. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund to Manchester United in 2021) – £73million

6. Virgil van Dijk (Southampton to Liverpool in 2018) – £75million

5. Romelu Lukaku (Everton to Manchester United in 2017) – £75million

4. Harry Maguire (Leicester to Manchester United in 2019) – £78million

3. Paul Pogba (Juventus to Manchester United in 2016) – £89million

2. Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan to Chelsea in 2021) – £97million

1. Jack Grealish (Aston Villa to Manchester City in 2021) – £100million

Last edited:
Hahahaha, there's not an ounce of bitterness in me pal, I just say it as it is.:cheers2:

Supporters of other clubs always mention the "oil money" so i will ask you if the team you support (the one you have avoided mentioning having been asked twice already) were offered the deal we were offered when we were fighting for survival every season offered you the same deal you would turn it down?

Last edited:
To provide further context we are dealing with a post-pandemic financial meltdown for many clubs, and very few could now entertain paying fees they once did, a very few elite clubs aside. I'm a spurs fan. Grealish ain't worth £100M and if he is, Kane is worth at least 50% more - which man city were unwilling to pay.

Back to Ronaldo, wouldn't want him anywhere near my club (even if it were a possibility 😂)

We will see if that is true at the end of the season!

As for Kane the whole episode has been a ******* farce i wish we hadn't bothered perusing him and had looked elsewhere.
Honestly don't think city needed Grealish and can't understand why they didn't go all out for a striker. As for persuing Kane, did they ever make a serious offer?

Honestly don't think city needed Grealish and can't understand why they didn't go all out for a striker.

Well it would seem Ronaldo and Kane could have been coming so i guess they were not looking at others.

I disagree about Grealish there is always room for a winger/attacking midfielder, Pep likes to rotate so he wont be warming the bench and due to the amount of game we play we are always going to have players out injured so the stronger the whole squad the better.

Well it would seem Ronaldo and Kane could have been coming so i guess they were not looking at others.

I disagree about Grealish there is always room for a winger/attacking midfielder, Pep likes to rotate so he wont be warming the bench and due to the amount of game we play we are always going to have players out injured so the stronger the whole squad the better.
Out of interest, how will you measure weather the investment in Grealish was money well spent at the end of the season? On the face of it anything less than winning the champions League after investing £100m in a side that won the premier League at a canter looks debatable....

Kane. If they'd really wanted him he'd be a city player now.

Ronaldo is still one of the best players in the world and certainly one if the fittest. Even at 36 he would walk into any team in the world. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want him at the club.

Juventus are getting a lot less than the 25m they wanted and his wages would be offset by the money he would bring into the club.

Latest posts

Back