Craft Beer & Brewing magazine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Growler

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just looking at the craft beer & brewing subscription magazine, $24.99 for 12 months....
Anyone a subscriber?
Would anyone recommend it?
Is there any books for a newbie that isn't too gobbledygook?

Thanks in advance 🍻

Is it time for a beer yet 🤔

Just looking at the craft beer & brewing subscription magazine, $24.99 for 12 months....
Anyone a subscriber?
Would anyone recommend it?
Is there any books for a newbie that isn't too gobbledygook?

Thanks in advance 🍻

Is it time for a beer yet 🤔

I really like it. Check out the Press Reader app first though. I can access it electronically through my local library.

I subscribe to Readly app, I think it's ÂŁ7 quid a month. It has craft Beer & Brewing, Brew your Own with all the back issues. Plus it has pretty much every magazine for any other hobby/interest. You can have more than one profile and I think 4 devices so the Mrs can read all her magazines too.

Thats the book!
As for pre made kits of any kind they remove the guessing and the need to buy loads of ingredients you might not use again or have trouble storing. Plus you can select a beer style or clone of a beer you already like.
If you get the book you will see a lot of recipes can be made with few ingredients and you can start to experiment with grain and hops.

L
Let us know how you get on. I've got the trillium sleeper street conditioning in the bottle at the moment, substituted some of the all grain for extract as I can't cater for full AG just yet
Great book, I have it too, BYO were offering a discounted membership recently so I signed up for it rather than beer and brewing, which BTW I think is a great publication and website.

I've been tempted to subscribe to Craft Beer & Brewing magazine many times and may take the plunge one day. It's my go-to place for recipes - there are a lot of dodgy ones out there but I feel I can trust theirs as I've had some great results.

A little while ago they were offering a free copy of the edition about IPA, I don't know if they still are.

I liked the recipes and the brewing science stories. Some of the brewery stories were interesting. Fifteen pages of beer reviews, beers I'll probably never drink, didn't interest me. All the equipment ads were wasted on me. I gave my last four unopened issues to a brewing acquaintance.

It's put together real well, stories well researched, photography very good. Just not the content I was wanting at the price.

L
Let us know how you get on. I've got the trillium sleeper street conditioning in the bottle at the moment, substituted some of the all grain for extract as I can't cater for full AG just yet

Ingredients for Black Ops order via the wonders of Get er Brewed recipe builder. Couldnt get Summit hops for bittering so swapped out for Columbus. Also switched yeast to old faithful US-05 as I prefer dried yeast. I'll report back in 6 months, all going well! đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Back