Craft beer ? What do you think Of this talk ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much to it, really. Nothing inspiring, didn't leave me with any questions. Wallpapery.

Is it disrupting traditions? Or is it just making big lager **** its pants? I find the fact that AbInbev here in Belgium is doing all kinds of campaigns to increase its amount on the market (bigger pint for the same price, buy 4, pay three in the shop) etc, quite telling.

that's my point ! these people & all sorts of people seem to jump on the craft wagon, talk absolute nothing , get Ted talks exposure by stating waffle & fill. Does it not wind you up when you come across this nonsense as an important talk. I get tired of the latest trends & fashions & how the next big thing will be ………. being pushed by marketing sorts. The LCBF this year was inundated with sours ! because hey its the next big thing ? is it though ? Brut IPA anyone ? got that off my chest & relax....

Very hard to present in another language, I'm sure its better in French.

You have to remember, we understand craft brewing and like to make new tastes experiences. You have to remember a TEDx talk is another method of getting a story out there, not everyone knows about the craft scene, or even that you have do your own brewing at home.
Those who know you can brew at home, just think it comes out of cans, and has that "taste". We know different.

For members of this forum, that talk is the wrong audience. However for some, its the perfect audience, as they may think, "hey lets try that beer, I wonder if I could do that myself".

For members of this forum, that talk is the wrong audience. However for some, its the perfect audience, as they may think, "hey lets try that beer, I wonder if I could do that myself".

I haven't watched it all, I agree with the above.

There's no balance to an opinion like his. The more I drink, the more I make I realize just how little I know about brewing. But it's not just brewing, i it? It's Getting the crush right, it's matching styles, it's altering styles through trial and error to find one you like, it's doughing in efficiently, hop adjustments, GU:BU, water chemistry, fining, yeast farming, fermentation control.....

"Craft" beer is a misnomer past beer made by brewers for themselves. Designed a way you want for you. Commercial brewers are skilled at replicating the same beer time after time after time. What he seems to be saying is that experimental beer is the best type of beer, but I think he's got the wrong end of the stick. I had this issue with one of my favourite breweries; when Cloudwater started they did batch after batch after batch of different beers and if I found one I loved the chances are I'd never get it again! They've balanced it out now and have a core range, but that doesn't make them any less good at what they do.

Latest posts

Back